Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D15 Bargains Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Enii wrote: »
    I knew TGI's and Dantes were both owned by the same crowd - they both add an automatic 5% service charge to the bill

Service charge is a voluntary charge you dont have to pay it if your not happy with the service ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

MR. Price are selling M&S Autograph Men's pure wool scarves (marked with M&S price tag for £25) for €6.99.

Left hand aisle as you enter the store

Would make a nice Christmas present ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Two litres of Dr Pepper Zero (rarely seen in Ireland but much appreciated by me) €1.49 in Dr. Price. Made my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

athtrasna wrote: »
    Two litres of Dr Pepper Zero (rarely seen in Ireland but much appreciated by me) €1.49 in Dr. Price. Made my day!

Dr. Price? There's no way he studied medicine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Order from Curry Fusion in Coolmine via JustEat.ie and get 40% off if you spend over €30. Just ordered two of their meal deals (22.95 usually, 2 starters, 2 mains, rice, chips, naan, 2 cans and poppadoms), usual price €45.98, discounted price €29.54 with delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Wangs in Coolmine do, buy one get one free on some of their starters. Its usually the chicken wings, shredded chicken or spring rolls.

Love their food.

Dominos.ie voucher code TANDOORI gets 40% off full price menu (worked in Laurel Lodge for me) :)

Lidl are doing 6 cans of Budweiser for €6 Saturday only - seems like theres no limit
    I was in Blakestown Lidl just now and theres a pallet of trays there - well worth stocking up for x-mas

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mr Price again. Harrods Christmas ornate decoration/ball for tree in nice box branded Harrods. €1.99.

In the door on the left hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Lidl are doing 6 cans of Budweiser for €6 Saturday only - seems like theres no limit
    Superquinn has 24 cans for 24 euro - you buy 3 x 8can packs - Bulmers, Coors Light, Heinekin, Carlsbery, Bud, Guinness. From Wednesday 12th until Tuesday 18th December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Sirloin roast beef 1/2 price @ €8.44 per kg in Superquinns. Sirloin steak the same.

Limit to 4 kgs per customer.

Nice when your sick and tires of turkey and ham

Home Store & More have more large Yankee candles at half price - nice christmassy flavours. Reds, whites and green ones.

Edit.
    Is "flavours" the right word?? Scents maybe.

Xtravision have really cheap cards and good quality .

FYI ikea take recycling stuff for free
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/store/dublin/kitchen_squad

In the past I've taken my stuff to Coolmine for €8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I have found that Power City (Coolmine Ind Est) will take back all electrical appliance packaging including polystyrene (aeroboard) free.
    Also Coolmine Recycling Centre, will take back all bottles, cans and Electrical Appliances, free. Fingal Co. Co. usually do Christmas tree (natural) recycling in the car park of the Millennium Park and at number of other venues throughout D15, also free.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    I have found that Power City (Coolmine Ind Est) will take back all electrical appliance packaging including polystyrene (aeroboard) free.
    Also Coolmine Recycling Centre, will take back all bottles, cans and Electrical Appliances, free. Fingal Co. Co. usually do Christmas tree (natural) recycling in the car park of the Millennium Park and at number of other venues throughout D15, also free.

The likes of Power city only take back the appliances because of the WEE charge that they apply on the goods when you buy them so its not really free.
    Coolmine Recycling centre is very good.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Hilly Bill wrote: »
    The likes of Power city only take back the appliances because of the WEE charge that they apply on the goods when you buy them so its not really free.
    Coolmine Recycling centre is very good.

I've been informed by a friend that the WEE charge is the reason Ikea have to take the stuff as well. Every day is a school day :)

Anyhoo better then landfill any day.

Aaaaaand back to bargains!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Got my squeeky Fan/Alternator belt tightened in Fastfit (QuickFit) in Coolmine - for free.

Didn't need buy anything. Just requested if I needed a new one in the future Id get it from him. Nice chap.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Got my squeeky Fan/Alternator belt tightened in Fastfit (QuickFit) in Coolmine - for free.

Didn't need buy anything. Just requested if I needed a new one in the future Id get it from him. Nice chap.

That was good of them I also found the manager up there to be nice and very professional, some of the staff could be brought up to his level though.

Reduced from €5 to €1

Penney are selling those things for your shoes to stop you slipping on ice

Great price. Have practically same ones in debenhams for about €8

Stock up for stocking fillers for next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Thorntons chocolates have massive reductions on at the moment. Selling great big heart shaped boxes of chocolate - could be worth buying now and keeping for Valentine's day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Thorntons chocolates have massive reductions on at the moment. Selling great big heart shaped boxes of chocolate - could be worth buying now and keeping for Valentine's day!

Ya big romantic :D

A reverse bargain alert! Dealz now selling 3 cans of coke for €1.49 used to be 4 for €1.49 ... you have to watch what you buy in that shop.

Bought Disposable razor blades there and they were blunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

dickwod1 wrote: »
    A reverse bargain alert! Dealz now selling 3 cans of coke for €1.49 used to be 4 for €1.49 ... you have to watch what you buy in that shop.

No wonder they where trying to flog trays of em.

Go into aldi or lidl and get them , Aldi have six for €2 and yes it tastes nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Was in Mr Price yesterday and they have really nice Hello Kitty & some other superhero type sturdy enough bike bags/ satchels - you know the type with 2 large compartments joined at the top. 4.99e
    Might be useful for a boardsie out there.

Good prices on suits in the suit co place in Westend in the centre. Got a good suit, shirt, tie and belt for €139. 70% off the suit. 50% off most stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Good prices on suits in the suit co place in Westend in the centre. Got a good suit, shirt, tie and belt for €139. 70% off the suit. 50% off most stuff.
    Don't want to rain on your parade but the suit was never retailing at over €450. Still though, for a full kit, its not a bad price at all. It's a frequent enough deal type which they offer in that store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

dodzy wrote: »
    Hi folks,

looking for some feedback from members with a UPC BB connection specifically in the D15 area. I was recently upgraded to 100mb ( from 60) and ever since, my download speeds have been poor by comparison. Was regularly downloading at 4-6megs. Now down to less than 1, irrespective of where I download from. Tried several machines. Same result.

When I do a speedtst on either UPC or speedtest.net. Results will show close to full speed. However, if I go for large files, it lags horribly. Odd, or what ?

Throttling perhaps ?

Also, same speed through a cat5 connection.

Looking to establish if I'm alone on this one, or is it an issue for others in the area ?

This may sound bonkers, and you've probably did it already - however UPC specifically require that the box be rebooted after the speed has been increased.

I've no doubt you did this, but they upgraded me to 120MB and specifically required that to be done before the newer speed took.

I tested it afterward and all is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Hey Dodzy,Im on 100mb and have no bother whatsover.

Download speeds between 4-6.

Advertisement