Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room

Options
  • 27-01-2009 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

(Sorry if this is here already!)

They always ask at the doctors' office why you are there and you say in front of others what's wrong and sometimes it's embarrassing.

There's nothing worse than a Doctors Receptionist who insists you tell her what's wrong with you in a room full of other patients. This is the way one old man handled it.

An 86 year old man walked in to a crowded Doctor's Waiting Room. As he approached the desk, the Receptionist said "Yes sir, what are you seeing the Doctor for today?".

"There's something wrong with my d!ck", he replied.

The Receptionist became irritated and said, "You shouldn't come in to a crowded Doctors Room and say things like that."

"Why not? You asked me what was wrong and I told you," he said.

The Receptionist replied, "You've obviously caused some embarrassment in this room full of people. You should have said there is something wrong with your ear or something and then discussed the problem further with the Doctor in private."

The man replied, "You shouldn't ask people things in a room full of others, if the answer could embarrass anyone." He walked out, waited a few minutes and re-entered.

The Receptionist smiled smugly and asked, "Yes?"

"There's something wrong with my ear," he stated.

The Receptionist nodded approvingly and smiled, knowing he had taken her advice. "And what's wrong with your ear, Sir?"

"I can't p!ss out of it," the man replied.

The Waiting Room erupted in laughter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

chin_grin wrote: »
    The Waiting Room erupted in laughter!

And so did I :D - well done - stars from me.

Advertisement