Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How come you can't see what threads people are viewing anymore ?

Options
  • 27-01-2009 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hey :)
    Just wondering I've noticed when I click on a user's profile that you can't see what they're looking at anymore, all you can see is the time of their current/last activity, so is this feature gone permanently or what's the story?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Stop stalking people ya big weirdo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It was done to reduce the load on the servers afaik.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055472169

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Blackwall

Des wrote: »
    Stop stalking people ya big weirdo.

:D....and I'm sure you've never clicked on anyone's profile before yea ? :rolleyes:

SteveC wrote: »
    It was done to reduce the load on the servers afaik.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055472169

Ah that explains it ;),thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Blackwall wrote: »
    :D....and I'm sure you've never clicked on anyone's profile before yea ? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I have, but not so I can creep around after them all over Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The stalking business like everything else is in recession :(

Des wrote: »
    Yeah, I have, but not so I can creep around after them all over Boards.

Exactly ! so what makes you think that that's what I was doing :confused: ,it was something I noticed was missing from my own profile actually when I went onto my own I noticed that feature was gone ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Hi Jigsaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Given that:
    1. This feature didn't work reliably before.
    2. This feature couldn't actually be made to work reliably, because the tabs and windows don't know which you are looking at (it could be made a bit more reliable with some handling of the window getting focus, but that would spam the hell out of the servers and be a scalability issue on a par with the miracle of the loaves and the fishes).
    Can we please not turn this rubbish back on if we get more server power? Of all the stupid things about vBulletin, this is the stupidest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I wish I could still see what people are viewing. This makes my stalking activities very difficult :(

• Advertisement

MizzLolly wrote: »
    I wish I could still see what people are viewing.
    But you never could, it didn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Talliesin wrote: »
    But you never could, it didn't work.

Yeah it did. In fact, I've been caught out before because of it. Reading stuff that I wish I hadn't been caught reading :o

It was still worth it though..

No it didn't. It was guess-work on the part of the server.

Not very good guess work since if you went to your own profile it would show something you'd been doing previously rather than "viewing your own profile" which is clearly what you are doing.

If you didn't want to be caught reading something you should have opened something else in another tab after opening the thing you wanted to be discreet about.

Advertisement