Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Kiev

• 27-01-2009 2:01pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All

i made (well the OH made) chicken kiev on sunday night. The receipe said to fry them in oil.

now they looked kinda burnt on the outside but some of the chicken was raw on the instead.

does anyone know amy tricks to know if the chicken is cooked the whole way through?

also it would be a lot easier if we could cook them in the oven, especially after a nasty hot oil incident :o

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I wouldn't pan fry them at all, just oven bake them.

At most, you could brown them on the pan and then transfer to the oven for around 35/40 minutes depending on size. Cut into the thickest part when you think they've had long enough and check there's no pink meat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I wouldn't pan fry them at all, just oven bake them.

At most, you could brown them on the pan and then transfer to the oven for around 35/40 minutes depending on size. Cut into the thickest part when you think they've had long enough and check there's no pink meat.

:eek:

Here, Mr Magnolia, what was wrong with my original thread on this very subject?

:pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

LOL, hadn't seen that :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement