Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Obama inauguration photo

• 27-01-2009 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Cool photo.

See the phantom legs at the bottom of the photographer tower.
    Think I can see P Diddy standing in the aisle up the middle.

See anyone else?

http://gigapan.org/viewGigapanFullscreen.php?auth=033ef14483ee899496648c2b4b06233c

"My final photo is made up of 220 Canon G10 images and the file is 59,783 X 24,658 pixels or 1,474 megapixels. It took more than six and a half hours for the Gigapan software to put together all of the images on my Macbook Pro and the completed TIF file is almost 2 gigabytes."

http://davidbergman.net/Obama.html

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That's pretty friggin awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Hi, welcome to last week :p

Already posted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

amazing photo, on 1st photo how many sharpshooters can you see? i counted 10!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Yeah already posted but grat fun browsing through all the press cameras there :pac:
    Anyone see the very old camera in the press area oppisite the "gigapan"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

If I had around €300 to blow on a gadget I would most certainly get that lol

Bloody great links though, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

What I love is the "errors" from the stitching process :)

This bit looks like someone is worshiping a "miraculous appearance"

71304.jpg

Error.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭fluffyVW

OMG its so cool!!! Thanks for posting!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

If I had around €300 to blow on a gadget I would most certainly get that lol

Bloody great links though, thanks

I was surprised at how cheap the gadget used was, I think it is 249 US at the moment. Under 300 euro in any case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,652 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

bobbyjoe wrote: »
    Cool photo.

See the phantom legs at the bottom of the photographer tower.
    Think I can see P Diddy standing in the aisle up the middle.
    Yeah that P Diddy. Denzel Washington is just in frony on him (blue hat)
    Gambler wrote: »
    What I love is the "errors" from the stitching process :)

This bit looks like someone is worshiping a "miraculous appearance"
    There aren't many stiching errors, that one you posted isnt really one. when you take that many photos, somebody walking through the crowd is going to mess it up, that half of him is all that exists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Yeah already posted but grat fun browsing through all the press cameras there :pac:
    Anyone see the very old camera in the press area oppisite the "gigapan"?

saw that. a large format camera still supposed to be the best way to take landscapes probably a couple of grand

No theres a coincidence - just got a tweet from a Nasa to say that Gigapan is actually a Nasa spinoff technology - used in some of the dramatic Mars photography that we would have seen in the past.... figures I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Mellor wrote: »
    There aren't many stiching errors, that one you posted isnt really one. when you take that many photos, somebody walking through the crowd is going to mess it up, that half of him is all that exists

That's why I put the errors in quotes ;) Maybe I should have said glitches instead :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I was trying to find my brother in that picture, but somone went and stuck the end of their lens in the way of the Washington Monument and I know he was stood just a bit further along than that. ;)

Advertisement