Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen V David Bowie

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I don't think anyone can beat Bruce on stage. He brings it every time. Even the musically deaf - my wife, for example - are left dumbstruck by the sheer passion of his show.

Of course, he's had 40 years to get it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

Bowie, hands down, man's a legend. I like Springsteen but seriously, why are they even being compared?
    Because they are both very successful performers who both have a huge following. Its pretty obvious really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

David Robert Jones every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

mike65 wrote: »
    How the hell can the two be compared? Chalk/Cheese.

Exactly :confused:

Springsteen vs Dylan maybe. Bowie's something different.
    I only saw Bowie once at Slane - thought he was terrible. I've seen hundreds of gigs that were better.

Perhaps it was a bad gig by his standards. I have seen that old Ziggy Stardust stuff and that looked brilliant so perhaps I've been unfair on the guy. Maybe it's time to give him another chance. Any idea if he will be touring again.

One bad gig doesn't really make or break a band/artist but I'm sure someone else has alread said that.
    Bowie's never touring again - in 2004 someone in Norway threw a lolipop on stage and it landed in his eye then he had heart surgery and said he's never touring again.

Exactly :confused:

Springsteen vs Dylan maybe. Bowie's something different.

One bad gig doesn't really make or break a band/artist but I'm sure someone else has alread said that.
    Bowie's never touring again - in 2004 someone in Norway threw a lolipop on stage and it landed in his eye then he had heart surgery and said he's never touring again.
    Ha ha ha ... what a wimp. Bruce wouldn't retire cos someone threw a lollipop at him!! I think we have our WINNER !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Bowie hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

bowies music is more interesting, not into springsteen

I used to think that too but Springsteen has got about 16studio albums.
    There's a tad more to his songs than just Courtney Cox,blue jeans and stadium chants of "BORN-IN-THE-USA-I-WAS--BORN-IN-THE-USA"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

^^^ This

Don't really like Springsteen too much but Bowie's stuff is just awesome.

No contest personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I attended Springsteen's 28 song setlist in the RDS, however, Bowies last Irish show was made up of a 35 song setlist that was 10 minutes short of 3 hours!

• Advertisement

poundhound wrote: »
    I attended Springsteen's 28 song setlist in the RDS, however, Bowies last Irish show was made up of a 35 song setlist that was 10 minutes short of 3 hours!

The unedited version of that was better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

thermo66 wrote: »
    Because they are both very successful performers who both have a huge following. Its pretty obvious really.

What's equally obvious is that they're vastly different artists. It's difficult to decide objectively who's better. Also obvious that someone's had too many cranky pills today :P

Tomayto tomahto !!!

I'm not cranky!!!:pac::eek::cool::P:mad::p:rolleyes:

Advertisement