Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Concert Hall= Natioanl Disgrace

Options
  • 27-01-2009 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

I attended a classical concert at the National Concert Hall a few weeks ago, and was horrified that of the very limited toilet facilities for the 540+ members of audience in the balcony level, there were only 3 working toilets in the ladies that night. Some poor women were reduced to using a fourth toilet cublcle without door, urinating in full view by others in the queue. It was gross public indecency and extremely humiliating and offensive.

I wrote to the management and got a mumble jumble reply saying that they won't have enough toilet facilities until the renovations were completed etc.

Instead of trying to brush off legitimate complaints with pathetic irrelevance, why can't management of the NCH just admit they were slow in acting and should have ensured that the necessary repairs were carried out so that all four toilets were usable - afterall, the NCH must have operations/maintenance staff on hand and in fact there were two hammers being used as instruments on stage during the concert which probably could have been applied to repairing the toilet door!

I am sure the Director of the NCH and the female members of the Board will not consider it approprioate to urinate in public themselves.

Advertisement