Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laura Izibor

Options
  • 27-01-2009 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

I never knew she was Irish - her music is brillant and i think 2009 is going to be her year

loving her track Shine at the moment

has she a cd out yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

yeah shes great. couldnt believe she was irish either when i looked up that song. then i remembered my mum telling me a few years back about the girl who won the 2fm(or maby 98fm) song contest.

this will be her year without doubt. some call her the 'female john legend'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

JP Liz wrote: »
    I never knew she was Irish - her music is brillant and i think 2009 is going to be her year

loving her track Shine at the moment

has she a cd out yet?

She had a cd "live from crawdaddy " out on itunes if that helps. I have had it for quiet a while so I think the maybe something more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Ok she has that EP on itunes

But she has an album called "let the truth be told" coming out early this year if that helps guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Her song on the Hibernian ad makes my ears bleed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm looking forward to her album.

I'll also look forward to seeing this Hibernian advert, sure to be a sonic delight. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Yeah was surprised to see she's Irish I can see her becoming very well known over the next couple of years. Best of luck to her she seems to be a great lady. Saw her live a while ago and in comparison to the act she followed (Paddy Casey - another great artist) she was great live. Wheras Paddy Casey didn't really seem bothered about being there, you could tell Laura Izibor didn't want to get off the stage. Short set, but she sung flawlessly. Love Shine and From My Heart To Yours. Can't wait til her album comes out.

She's done quite well I think on getting a few of her songs on American TV shows...think it was Scrubs and/or Greys Anatomy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

She is playing Cyprus Avenue in Cork 30th May tickets €16

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I saw her in cyprus avenue at last year's jazz fes. Very good gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

If I hear "Shine" even once more, I am going to bleed in despair...

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

JP Liz wrote: »
    I never knew she was Irish

That's probably because her singing accent has a severe American twang to it.

I hope she does well and best of luck to her, her music is catchy, but I detest this put-on accent, similar to, for example, what Joss Stone & The Thrills do. I find it off-putting and pretentious.

Why can't they be themselves?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

That's probably because her singing accent has a severe American twang to it.

I hope she does well and best of luck to her, her music is catchy, but I detest this put-on accent, similar to, for example, what Joss Stone & The Thrills do. I find it off-putting and pretentious.

Why can't they be themselves?!

The Thrills....talk about getting a fake accent so horribly wrong. I suppose we should be thankful they've disapeared back down the black hole they crawled out of!

Advertisement