Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steak knife recommendation please

• 27-01-2009 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I know there are threads on knives, but I'm particularly looking for steak knives!

Does anyone know where I could pick up a decent set of steak knives? I'd be looking for a set of four for anywhere between 60 and 100 euro! I've a few global knives which I love but not really liking the look of their steak knives ... the handles don't look too comfortable.

Either recommendations for a shop in Dublin or website would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I've a set of Newbridge Steak knives similar to these that I'm very happy with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I also have Newbridge ones that we were given as a wedding gift and they're fantastic. Ours have a silver handle, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I've a set of Newbridge Steak knives similar to these that I'm very happy with.

I have these and they're good - I'm not normally a fan of Newbridge knives. We don't use them that much, but if you were & putting them into a dishwasher - the handles will get a bit crappy looking. Maybe go for the metal variety.
    We also have plastic handled 'bistro style' ones from Ikea, which are good too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

My parents also have Newbridge silver steak knives with wooden handles which are lovely to use. I really, really want a set.

Advertisement