Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Comic books?

Options
  • 27-01-2009 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi folks, I recently dug out a load of old comic books my nana brought me home from America years ago. There's a good amount of them and it'd be a shame to throw them out, so could anyone tell me where id be able to sell them onto, if anywhere?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hi Jam400,

From the charter:
    Back issues/old comics: If you have any questions about where to find back issues or what they might be worth, post in this thread. If you have old comics you want to sell, you're best off using the Adverts.ie Books For Sale section. In such cases, a limited amount of posting to make posters aware of the items on sale will be allowed. You may also want to use things like local Freecycle groups or WasteMatchers if you're just getting rid of stuff rather than selling it.

TBH the general impression I've gotten from comic shops is that unless your comics are from the 60s or earlier, they won't be worth much so you're more likely to get decent money from the private collectors market. Even then, it's hard to gauge the likely demand for any given item....

Advertisement