Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoke game in Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Dawson, Corluka, BAE all class tonight, woodgate a little sloppy....

Lennon tore them ragged but just lacks that end product still..... Bentley showed good signs of improvement.....

Defoe, Pav & Modric in particular moved brilliantly.... The Croat is amazing to watch!

Palacios to challenge Zakora and we have ourselves a football team/squad......

Could've been 10-1 tonight, hope we stay solid against Bolton:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Managed to secure a half day from work to get home just in time for kick off, which was a bonus.

Between BBC London and the Iraq goals stream I got a good view of the game. 1st half we were excellent, Stoke couldn't cope with Lennon on the left which left space for the rest of the midfield (even Bentley!) to exploit. I think a large part of Modric's fine display is down to the work Lennon put in on the left, and that should give us an indication of what can be achieved when the midfield functions as a proper unit rather than a collection of individuals.

2nd half we were a little sloppy, Stoke closed off the outlet to Lennon when Griffin came on and we found ourselves with less time to dwell on the ball. I'm a bit disappointed Redknapp waited so long to make a substitution, fresh legs with 15mins to go might have forced Stoke back a little, though in truth they never looked really dangerous. I thought Dawson coped superbly under the treat of Delap's throws (apart from the error for theie goal he was my MOTM), BAE had one of his good games (was switched on last night, he has the talent just needs to apply himself) and Cudicini looked comfortable, particularly under high ball. Even Bentley had a good game, and I think we will be a poorer side for his absence on the 8th Feb. Old Mother Riley had another stinker, he should be taken to the glue factory...:mad:

Special mention for the 2nd goal which was a joy to watch. Well done JD, that's 3 in 5, keep that up son and we might just get to relax before the last game of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Dawson and BAE are arguably the most improved players since harry took charge. Apart from one dodgy pass against stoke, Dawson has been immense the last few games. BAE is just doing the basic stuff well and is looking pretty good. Long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

i thought BAE got a roasting from Welbeck in the Man Utd game but was a bit better against Stoke...

Advertisement