Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in inchicore

• 27-01-2009 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

hi, just wondering has anyone got any good recommendations for good value broadband? had originally intended on getting UPC with cable but only found out today, 3 weeks after ordering it that they do not offer broadband to my apartment complex, just tv. has anyone got any other recommendations for a decent package? Any of the ones i have looked at since require line rental which pushes them up to min €45-50 which is what i expected the broadband and tv to cost from UPC. is there any packages or companies that people could recommend for less than this or ones that do not require phone line rental?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This Link will show you all the providers in your area. It separates them by type of service, Dsl, mobile or wireless. Mobile might be your best option, once you dont need high speeds.

Roughly €25 a month for a 12 month contract. Also has the added bonus of taking it around the country with you, unlike dsl or wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭donnchaw

The only experience of mobile ive had was with the 3g one and it was very patchy, pretty slow most of the time bar one or two occasions of great speed and a pretty low download limit. I plan on using it for music and films mostly as well as maybe streaming some tv. Would mobile be suitable for this or would it be too slow/dodgy? Also does anyone know any deals for dsl that do not require eircom line rental which is basically doubles the broadband cost, unfortunately UPC dont cover my building for internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

donnchaw wrote: »
    The only experience of mobile ive had was with the 3g one and it was very patchy, pretty slow most of the time bar one or two occasions of great speed and a pretty low download limit. I plan on using it for music and films mostly as well as maybe streaming some tv. Would mobile be suitable for this or would it be too slow/dodgy? Also does anyone know any deals for dsl that do not require eircom line rental which is basically doubles the broadband cost, unfortunately UPC dont cover my building for internet.

Dsl requires a phone line. You will have to pay a provider line rental regardless of its eircom or not.

o2 have upgraded speeds to a max of 7.2mb at the moment, 3 are still on 3.6mb.

If you dont want mobile, wireless is an option. A little more expensive.

Digiweb have 3 speed options. [Link]

Or Irish broadband [Link]

Advertisement