Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor flow from bathroom tap

Options
  • 27-01-2009 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭

We have a mixer tap (pull arm up to oipen and left right turn for hot or cold) at the bathroom sink which was fitted about a year ago. Worked fine with decent pressure until a week ago when the pressure reduced significantly on both hot and cold or any combinations of same. Pressure elsewhere seems fine. Can anybody think of a reason? Would it be a problem in the tap itself as I can't see how to dismantle it to check washers or whatever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

When you say pressure elsewhere is fine, where? Are the bath taps flowing properly? The kitchen tap should come off the mains and so wouldn't be affected. If all of the bathroom taps have a restricted flow then you probably have an airlock or partial blockage on the pipe from the header tank. There have been a lot of posts about that lately. To cure it you need to connect a hose from the kitchen tap to a bath tap or washbasin tap, open the latter and crack open the former, then put a thumb over the vent pipe over the tank to push mains water back into the header tank and flush out the airlock or blockage. If you get crud out into the tank then a clean out and flush through is necessary. If the bath taps are OK then I'd guess there is a problem with the mixer tap. What that might be depends on the make of the tap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Thanks for that. The bath taps are fine. I think it may be the tap (JFSM is marked on the top of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

The only thing I can think of is that the valve on the pull-up arm isn't opening fully, possibly because something is stuck in it or it's just sticking. I'd try moving the arm up and down rapidly a few times and see if that improves anything. Alternatively of course something could have got washed down the pipe from the roof tank -- more likely to get into the sink tap because that's probably the one used most. If all else fails, try to hose from the kitchen tap suggestion, in this case putting it over the sink tap nozzle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Many Thanks!
    I'll try all that.:)

Advertisement