Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello World

Options
  • 27-01-2009 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm a web/multimedia developer working freelance in Dublin. I've just updated my portfolio and I'm really interested in comments/opinions on how I could improve it's presentation, focus and general effectiveness.

http://www.john-lynch.org/

Thanks,

J.

PS If anyone hasn't upgraded to IE7, please let me know if my conditionals in the CSS are working. I'm using standalone install of 6, because 7 is installed I can't test them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pauldiv

Hi flurby, Just a few thoughts:

This has potential for sure.
    Nice clean design and the lego concept is good.

The menu items 'interactive' and 'web' are a bit vague. I had to guess what was behind those links. Could maybe say what they are eg., projects and websites.

Not sure what the box at the top right is for so I didnt even click it. It looks very unconventional and unintuitive.

Contact form fields need aligning and would look nice if all same width. (Im using FF3 btw.)

I think you know that the main focus needs to be on marketing what you can do. I think you should pay more attention to the copy. Its the words that persuade in the end. Your words undersell in my opinion and need more oomph.

Advertisement