Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midweek Prem Fixtures thread [Merged]

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its the same old same old. Lack of drive, inept subs (either choices or timing), and points dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

liverpool tital contenders... dont make me laugh

there luck is starting to run out, lucas didnt touch the ball all game and the only time he was in a limelight was giving the penalty away

its a bloody face, look at liverpool , struggling vs wigan, u cant seen any _CONTROL_ from liverpool and ball is being passed to and from each opponents in a bad manner

people say carrick is overrated, scholes is past it , put them up against the liverpool midfield and they will make bits of it

btw im not a pool or utd fan, im speaking in general

man u will walk this league unless chelsea go on a late run.. i cannot see anyway liverpool will challenge with those tactics/squad of players

iv found a replacement for my sleeping pills, watching liverpool play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Newcastle are breaking my heart. I'm resigned our fate that is relegation

Liverpool drawing has officialy ended my interest in the Premiership this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

3 points = job done

Bellamy was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

liverpool tital contenders... dont make me laugh

there luck is starting to run out, lucas didnt touch the ball all game and the only time he was in a limelight was giving the penalty away

its a bloody face, look at liverpool , struggling vs wigan, u cant seen any _CONTROL_ from liverpool and ball is being passed to and from each opponents in a bad manner

people say carrick is overrated, scholes is past it , put them up against the liverpool midfield and they will make bits of it

btw im not a pool or utd fan, im speaking in general

man u will walk this league unless chelsea go on a late run.. i cannot see anyway liverpool will challenge with those tactics/squad of players

iv found a replacement for my sleeping pills, watching liverpool play

I agree with most of that. Think everyone, including pool fans and ex players knew it wouldn't last. Liverpool are dropping loads of points, while man-u are can do no wrong. Rafa cracking mentaly isn't helping liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

lol, whatever. First time Wigan looked dangerous in the second half was just before the penalty in the 82nd minute. A game we controlled right up to that point - and an individual mistake costs us.

A couple of great chances aside from the goal in the first half, and Yossi creating a good chance again in the second.

There is little to complain about as a fan. Good performance, good effort - poor result. We move on...

I hate the phase "We controlled the game".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

League is over. I would say send lucas to the knackers yard but that'd be too good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

gd1987 wrote: »
    League is over. I would say send lucas to the knackers yard but that'd be too good for him.

Knee-jerk reaction to the max!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Blackburn level at 2-2, and thats with a missed penalty, Jussi Jaskajdfodajfjado should have been sent off, but only got a yellow. We were 2-0 down at half time, still time for the winner. Come on the Rovers!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

McCarthy equalises for Blackburn on 87 mins, making up for his penalty miss earlier,

2-2

wouldnt rule out a Blackburn win yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Fantastic, Really sets us up to go on and clinch the title before may, with the good news about injuries coming back I could not be a happier United Fan.

Liverpool really gave me a fright after the trashing of Newcastle, after which I thought they had the ability to go on and win it, However recent performances and Rafas Pyhsological Tactics have been very very poor.
    Lucas will get raped by his teammates, deservedly.

Arsenal equalise - ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

RVP !!!!!!!!!!GET IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smegball wrote: »
    Knee-jerk reaction to the max!

Might have been a bit harsh about the league being over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dang RVP with a touch of class 1-1 FT

still great result for villa :D

Jaysus Nelsen hit the post right at the end. Still 2-2 after being down 2-0, a missed penno, and hitting the post all in the second half. We were robbed in the end. But on the positive, thats 7 unbeaten since Big Sam arrived. Things are looking better all the time.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    lol, whatever. First time Wigan looked dangerous in the second half was just before the penalty in the 82nd minute. A game we controlled right up to that point - and an individual mistake costs us.

A couple of great chances aside from the goal in the first half, and Yossi creating a good chance again in the second.

There is little to complain about as a fan. Good performance, good effort - poor result. We move on...

dude in fairness u didnt control a tap, the ball went from wigans def to mid lost in the final third back to liverpools def to the mid lost in the final third constantly

there was NOTHING seperating the teams, your midfield was non existent. What i cant believe is how liverpool can go on about this is there year, its the same only story. you dont have the QUALITY you dont win the league... it makes me bloody sick

Is it me or is everytime liverpool draw vs low(ly) opposition not a problem "were moving in the right direction" "next game we`ll win!" that type of attitude gets you no where, underlying you know you`ll never topple man utd because they have gritt, experience, guile and above like i previously mentioned _QUALITY_ in all aspects of the park.

Remove gerrard and i can villa finishing ahead on you come the end of the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

dang RVP with a touch of class 1-1 FT

still great result for villa :D

better result for us than an everton win wouldve been

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

van persie is a genius!!!!!!!!!!

everton v arsenal..... draw 23/10
    wigan v liverpool.... draw 5/2
    chelsea v middlesborough... chelsea win 1/4
    west ham v hull...west ham win 4/5
    man city v newcastle... city win 8/11

profit:€540 for the night, €1100 for the two nights :D

if city had kept a clean sheet i'd have won another €1k but can't be greedy ;)

nuxxx wrote: »
    Remove gerrard and i can villa finishing ahead on you come the end of the season

Remove Ashley Young and Villa would get nowhere. It's a moot point.

Xavi6 wrote: »

hardly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Young is suspended at the moment - didn't play last night.

cant agree with that, martin o neill is a top top class manager, if young wasnt there someone else either from the youths or a summer transfer would have been brought in.

O neill is no clown, he nos what quality is and what relegation material is

I think the key word for villa is momentum and committment which MON seems to bring to every club he managers, whether it be a bunch of less than average players (leicster <- spelt wrong i guess [celtic included maybe what a run he had there! yes i no its a weak league but he did fantastic!] ) or a club he has the ability to control and organise with a semi decent crop of players i.ie Villa

Helix wrote: »
    hardly

I meant in comparison to Liverpool.

Gerrard is as much to Liverpool as Young is to Villa imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Iago wrote: »

I had this come up as well, except I had bloody celtic to beat dundee in it as well and it went to extra time after 0-0 at 90 mins. I'm never betting on scottish football again >:(

gerrard is quality i agree, i hope his career isnt wasted at liverpool playing alongside arbeloa, macherano, lucas, benoiyoun, kuyt ( the list is endless )

Gerrard motivated properly in my opinion is the best midfieder in the premiership, alongside essien, look how chelsea have missed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

any motd tonight?

Ashley Young is one of the best players in the PL right now, I'd say the best player so far this season, but in fairness to Villa, they win with or without him. Agbonlahor is another cracking player, John Carew when fit is also, Laursen, Davies, Friedel, Luke Young and of course Stillian Petrov have all been superb this season. And Zat Knight has stepped up to the plate in the last couple of games, last night in particular.

I don't agree Xavi, they are an excellent team, and the manager deserves the credit for turning players around.

I meant in comparison to Liverpool.

Gerrard is as much to Liverpool as Young is to Villa imo

young isnt as important to us as people think, especially this season where he hasnt been all that great compared to last year

young = villa comes from the same woefully wide of the mark school of thought as "villa have been playing really well this season", and "villa have been lucky with injuries this year"

• Advertisement

nuxxx wrote: »
    gerrard is quality i agree, i hope his career isnt wasted at liverpool playing alongside arbeloa, macherano, lucas, benoiyoun, kuyt ( the list is endless )

Gerrard motivated properly in my opinion is the best midfieder in the premiership, alongside essien, look how chelsea have missed him.

Ah now come on out of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Des wrote: »
    any motd tonight?

11.15 on BBC 1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Iago wrote: »

profit:€540 for the night, €1100 for the two nights :D

if city had kept a clean sheet i'd have won another €1k but can't be greedy ;)

:D Well done mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Des wrote: »
    any motd tonight?

Yep,

23:15 BBC1

Just looking at the table there now, and City have a game in hand on Everton and are 9 behind them, we could see them make a big move over the next few weeks.

All those Hughes doubters:rolleyes:

Ah now come on out of that.

i cannot rate him at all, he gives nothing except dog chasing opponents , no offensive play at all. Also benitez has alonso playing as deep as him, gerrard off torres. (generally)

Whats breaking liverpool is the way theres 2 holding players, kuyt just running into defenders on the right , riera looks ok but he hasnt really sparkled on the left imo. ( the reason i think he looks ok is because hes better than the sh1te liverpool usually buy, would he get into chelski / utd side, possibly even wengers side? not a bloody chance for the first 2)

I always thought alonso was first class in the ESP primera , he played for real sociadad and they there also had a top class turkish chap up front, cant remember his name now. Neways alonso played somewhat the gerrard role in those times and done excellently.

My point is macherano has little or no passing skills, vision. What he does have is work rate and a good engine. Compare him to Essien, makalale or any DECENT defensive midfielder and he falls well well short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

In Rafa we trust...United fans that is. :pac:

A great night. A Brucie bonus for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Said after United took top spot a few weeks ago that they won't be giving it up and now they have a cushion. Even though the league is so tight at the minute I can see United running away with it. The quadruple is a real possibility:eek:

Mascherano isn't as good as essien, fair enough. But he is in a different league to arbeloa, lucas and benayoun.
    I like him, he works very hard, makes great tackles. He also makes mistakes like giving away needless frees and poor passes. But he is much more productive than destructive. Also, tonight he looked like the only pool player making a real effort as the rest of the team looked half-hearted.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Said after United took top spot a few weeks ago that they won't be giving it up and now they have a cushion. Even though the league is so tight at the minute I can see United running away with it. The quadruple is a real possibility:eek:

Totally agree with you on the PL front. It just shows how hard it is to actually to win the league. Maybe not how hard it is but the skill/committment gap you need.

Mourinho can never be forgotten for what he did at chelsea

• Advertisement

gd1987 wrote: »
    Mascherano isn't as good as essien, fair enough. But he is in a different league to arbeloa, lucas and benayoun.
    I like him, he works very hard, makes great tackles. He also makes mistakes like giving away needless frees and poor passes. But he is much more productive than destructive. Also, tonight he looked like the only pool player making a real effort as the rest of the team looked half-hearted.

i agree with you but i honestely believe those players you mentioned are so much bolton/blackburn/etc class it makes him look much better.

IMO its just a sad situation at liverpool , alot of pool fans seem to want benitez out and tbh i would not blame them. You need a solid manager who buys solid players and also good man management. Benitez lacks alot of these qualities :(

I was delighted when they won the CL final vs AC. Epic stuff, but consistency is there downfall. How can you ever build a "team" when people are changed week in week out. Benitez its time to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Taking off Gerrard?

Unless he was injured...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

Dave! wrote: »
    Taking off Gerrard?

Unless he was injured...

merson said he had a broken leg, funny fcuker

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭delspeed78

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just looking at the table there now, and City have a game in hand on Everton and are 9 behind them, we could see them make a big move over the next few weeks.

All those Hughes doubters:rolleyes:

maybe so but Everton are probably too far ahead already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Lovely goal for Warnock vs Bolton

Advertisement