Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair quote for re-plastering/skimming?

Options
  • 27-01-2009 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Just wondering if €25 per square metre (including materials) sounds like a reasonable quote for replastering/skimming some internal walls. To be honest I was a bit horrified when I saw the quote as it means it will cost us almost 3k to get the living room and hall,stairs and landing done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

ted maul wrote: »
    Just wondering if €25 per square metre (including materials) sounds like a reasonable quote for replastering/skimming some internal walls. To be honest I was a bit horrified when I saw the quote as it means it will cost us almost 3k to get the living room and hall,stairs and landing done.

Hi
    That is mad money if you need a good 1 pm me and I will give you the number of a top class guy (and he is very clean so you will have very little mess after)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭FMG

I would think a re-skim on a solid base should work out at €10 inc materials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭mirror mirror

roughly how many square metres are there,

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

I got my whole house plastered for €2750.
    Four bedrooms upstairs and 1 downstairs, all en suite.

The two guys who are Irish did a great job and I'm pretty picky. I'd be happy to recommend them.
    PM me if you want details.

Edit: That's for labour and materials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wbp

10Euro sounds rite, plasterer myself,PM if interested references available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ted maul

Thanks for the all replies. He measured the space as almost 110 metres, whch seems over the top for that wall space in an average size house, although that did include one wall in the kitchen.
    The walls had woodchip put straight onto the plasterboard which was half picked off then papered over with this awful textured wallpaper.All in all a bit of a mess.

If anyone wants to pm me i'm delighted to take some recommendations.

Advertisement