Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a quickie...

Options
  • 27-01-2009 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

How long is the drive from Dublin to Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

daithi666 wrote: »
    How long is the drive from Dublin to Limerick?

2 hours 30 minutes usually. Depend on traffic also. At the latest 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

3 hours is about right but it depends greatly on where in Dublin you are travelling to and what time. Check out the AA route planner.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

About 2h30 to the Red Cow P&R for me (then Luas to City Center).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Just a quickie

Sorry, you're not my type!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

http://www.aaireland.ie/routes

Remembering that routes are calculated between GPO's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Berty wrote: »

Remembering that routes are calculated between GPO's.

Well theres a feature of Active Directory I didnt know about.

*chortle*

*hangs head*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Depends where in Limerick your travelling from and where in Dublin your going to.

Takes 3 hours for me to drive from the northside of Limerick to the northside of Dublin (Ballymun)

Not bad time considering i have to get through Limerick City and then the M50 when getting to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭daithi666

That's great. Thanks for your help. Gives me a good idea!

I need to get to the Radisson SAS for 9 a.m. What's traffic like in Limerick at around that time? What would be your suggested route from the N7 to Ennis Road at that time?
    Sorry, you're not my type!
    I knew that would be goin' through someone's head, haha.

Thanks again!

I need to get to the Radisson SAS for 9 a.m. What's traffic like in Limerick at around that time? What would be your suggested route from the N7 to Ennis Road at that time?

Thanks again!

Ok your going to try and get from the Dublin side to the Galway side. Nightmare if anything.

The Dublin road going into the city will be mental as always but once you get past the Dublin road roundabout at Dunnes Stores in the Parkway shopping centre it is relatively easy flow from there until you reach the Ennis road junction at a place called Ivans shop.

Allow at least 30 minutes to get through Limerick City just in case. I often have to be in Dundalk for 9am(my office) and leave the Dublin side of Limerick at 5:30am and head through Dublins M50 and always get there on time. I have a lead foot. :o

Leave Dublin at 5:30am as in the Red Cow at that time to guarantee you will be there on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thanks again!

You aint going there for a test are you? :D

• Advertisement

My lil bro is. He's got the communicator's aptitude test. Are you going for that too?

Thanks for that Berty!

Going for Radio Officer tests!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

My lil bro is. He's got the communicator's aptitude test. Are you going for that too?
    go the evening before, less hassle..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Kablam

Thanks for that Berty!
    Going for Radio Officer tests!

Excuse my ignorance, But wha's tah?

Its for the air traffic controller jobs! For the east side of the atlantic

Thread on it here:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055331510

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭RINO87

very off toic, but how do you go about getting those jobs, i presume you have to have somesort of qualification?

p.s. there is a way that you could get to the radisson hotel while by-passing limerick city, it's alot of country roads though, you would need a VERY good sat nav, but here goes:

turn off to the right in the middle of Birdhill (Co.Tipp), travel on this road for 3KM until you merge wih a larger road in a village called Montpelier, cross bridge into O'Briens Bridge, follow main road, crossing antoher (hump-back) bridge, at next junction turn left onto main limerick killaloe rd. follow this road for appox. 10 km, you will not need to turn off until you cross over a small bridge and come to "Barrys Shop" (in front of you, to the left) at this junction turn left then immediatley right, at the shop. follow this road, (thru ardnacrusha, road gets quite narrow after power station) until t-junction, turn right then first left,(road swings this way now anyway) follow this road thru Meelick, passing Meelick tavern on right and meelick stores on left. At next t-junction, turn right, then immediatley left, travel for about 1km, passing Meelick church and school after a sharp right. Stay on this road until you come to an old butchers on the right, go left at this junction (the road swings that way anyway) pass under railway bridge, come to t-junction, turn right, traver for appox 2km, take first left (there will be a large yellow building in front of you) travel for 100M Radisson is on your left.
    It sounds very complicated, but if you do it once, you will never forget it, takes tonnes off the time.

No qualifications, thats why so many people have gone for it RINO, I have heard 1300 applicants!

And yeah i was trying to work out how to get to Radisson from caherdavin on the back roads because when you use the little slip road on the dual carriageway, its a fecking nightmare to get out on the inbound route so you can turn left into Limerick Inn

No qualifications, thats why so many people have gone for it RINO, I have heard 1300 applicants!

And yeah i was trying to work out how to get to Radisson from caherdavin on the back roads because when you use the little slip road on the dual carriageway, its a fecking nightmare to get out on the inbound route so you can turn left into Limerick Inn

To be fair this is the route I would take myself but I would not send you on this route because you would get lost.

RINO directions are spot on if you want to try it. A lot of people from one side of the city and tipp who work in Shannon and Ennis use this road because it bypass's all the silly traffic in the city.

Thanks for that.... I might see if I can make out the route on Google maps... If I can follow it off that I may take a chance on it!

Advertisement