Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tight bore barrels

Options
  • 27-01-2009 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

I have a L96a1 (Well version) can anyone suggest some upgrades for better accuracy and power I was thinking of a precision barrel, 1j spring, and a better hop up, but which parts should I use.??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

That spring wont work and I have real doubts about that hop working. If you really wanna put some serious upgrades into it itll probably cost you more then the rifle itself but heres the parts you'll want to put into it to get a much improved performance:

New hop unit allows you to use VSR rubbers and barrels

Firefly rubber the nib on the inside will allow for more of a spin on the bb

Barrel spacers they'll decrease the sound by causing less vibration and also causing a more consistant shot.

If you want a tightbore barrel its gonna set you back 100-150 dollars unfortionately I cannot suggest one because I don't know the inner barrel lenght of the L96.

Personaly I'd hold out, save my money and get something like a Maruzen type 96 (if the l96 is your prefered body) I've been told they are fantactic rifles stock and they seem to be much easier to get parts for.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mr X15

What about a pdi hop up or is it a waste of time on a clone. the barrel length is about 499mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I'd go with the one I linked just because its made to fit no idea if the PDI will fit.

Advertisement