Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MPs at Dublin airport yeterday.

• 27-01-2009 6:35pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was in the coach park at 2.30. Saw an MP Transit bus with 2 jeeps and 2 civvies coaches. Waiting around,assume for troops. 2 coaches could seat about 80 people.

Was there a return of DF troops from Chad or anywhere else yesterday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Yeah, the first Chalk came home.

As is custom with this country, the lads came home from a 4 month tour in a hostile country and the first thing to happen? The civvies working in the airport decide to start causing snags and giving the some of the lads in command grief even after objections from other members of staff.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Poccington wrote: »
    Yeah, the first Chalk came home.

Would have been nice to see some sort of reception in te arrivals hall. Didn't see anythin when I passed through at about 2PM. Did they arrive on a charter ot scheduled flight. Never got a chance to operate on the EI flights taking the guys back form the Leb.......apparently they were great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

MP's went to bosnia the other day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Hope all the lads got back from Chad ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

So they are using Baldonnel aswell as Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Was there anything on the news about it ? I didn't hear anything on the radio or anything. Didn't catch the 6-1 though. It woulda been nice if there was at least a bit of recognition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Steyr wrote: »
    So they are using Baldonnel aswell as Dublin?

Plane was too big for Baldonnel, thats what I heard anyhoo.

The Ministerial review for the outgoing trip was originally planned to be held in Smithfield Square, but was cancelled, probably due to size restrictions.

Took place in McKee Barracks instead. It was on the news that day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lads, any of us who've been oversea's know about customs and their searches.

Regardless whats your feelings are try keep it clean and respectful please!..

wallshaveears.gif

Btw, I've never been caught :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭steyr fan

What were you not caught doing? Nothing bold I hope;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement