Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom bb download speeds

Options
  • 27-01-2009 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi, all up until last Thursday I was getting dl speeds of 200-220kbs but since then I have only been getting dl speeds of 50kbs max. Its really slow and tedious. Is it a known eircom problem around the country??? I'm based in Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Mines fine. Max 700kbs. Coming off 56k years ago im still thankful i can reach download speeds over 1.4kbs

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There are issues on the bit-stream network which is operated by Eircom see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055460295

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

CapRooney wrote: »
    Hi, all up until last Thursday I was getting dl speeds of 200-220kbs but since then I have only been getting dl speeds of 50kbs max. Its really slow and tedious. Is it a known eircom problem around the country??? I'm based in Kerry
    c0rk3r wrote: »
    Mines fine. Max 700kbs. Coming off 56k years ago im still thankful i can reach download speeds over 1.4kbs

Folks, learn the difference between bits and Bytes........
    700kbps is less than 1mbit,
    700KB/s is 5600kbps which is 5.6mbit
    big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Wow that's anal

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

sorry but i usually get 2000kbps-2200kbps but now i only get 580kbps according to speedtest.net

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

c0rk3r wrote: »
    Wow that's anal

Sorry, Your ~700kbps is correct if you're on the 1mbit package, I was just using it to compare to the OP's post which was incorrect.

Advertisement