Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T-rex 250,my little bird arrived!Pictures

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Marcio.souza

Today working on the tail,i think sort it out the problem.The Gyro was touching the the tail boom brace,2 mm but enought to touch the gyro,i change foam from the mount of the gyro,it was old,not really soft.The control horn,the ball link was wrong.i made a new hole 4mm from the center and i change some things on control arm from the tail,it was really hard to move and little bit slop.Now its very firm and smooth.Now the tail is holding very strong,but wag when i pop up the cyclic,but very small wag.

I will make a video to show,tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

syl77 wrote: »

A note on Gyros: you pirouette rate should be at confortable speed to fly with (say 360degress/sec). To achive this you need to try and have your rudder endpoints near to 100% and adjust you ball link position on the servo arm. It is not crucial to have your rudder end points as close to 100% (like with throttle govners) but the closer to 100% it is the less work the gyro will have to do, thus your rudder servo will live longer. Once that is correct, adjust your true % gain to its highest value where no taill wag is seen either in hover and then in flight. Finally I adjust the servo link at the tail end so no drift is seen when taken out of head hold.

where do you go flying yourself,

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

robbie7730 wrote: »
    where do you go flying yourself,

Mainly fly at my club in Galway, but usualy pop up around the country at most heli events. Was involved in running 3DX ireland last year which was a great weekend in Carron site in Tip, we had excellant weather and had Lucas Riva over for the weekend. Its on in the north this year so I can take a break from organising and may get time to practice and compete. :D

Mainly fly at my club in Galway, but usualy pop up around the country at most heli events. Was involved in running 3DX ireland last year which was a great weekend in Carron site in Tip, we had excellant weather and had Lucas Riva over for the weekend. Its on in the north this year so I can take a break from organising and may get time to practice and compete. :D

sounds good, great weather last few days now for flying,

Ya, flying any evening I get away from work.
    There should be heli flying at shankill model flying club this saturday - 1st round of heli challenge. always a good funfly after for those who dont compete.

• Advertisement

might have a look anyway, what ye workin at, work non existant at the minute here, been flyin a glider lately as well as the choppers, good for video or stills, have a couple up on the youtube again from it,

Ya, flying any evening I get away from work.
    There should be heli flying at shankill model flying club this saturday - 1st round of heli challenge. always a good funfly after for those who dont compete.

Syl77 are you going on saturday to the heli challange? I live in dublin,I was wondering if there is any bus that goes to city,then later i go to the club,I dont have car,but i want to go to see,do you if there is a bus or something? Wich city will be?

might have a look anyway, what ye workin at, work non existant at the minute here, been flyin a glider lately as well as the choppers, good for video or stills, have a couple up on the youtube again from it,

Work with software company.. been trying to find the time to dust down my planes and give them a day out, but I seem to be spending all available time on the helis.
    Syl77 are you going on saturday to the heli challange? I live in dublin,I was wondering if there is any bus that goes to city,then later i go to the club,I dont have car,but i want to go to see,do you if there is a bus or something? Wich city will be?

Yep should be going on tomorrow, hopefully the weather will be good. I am not fimilar with the bus routes in Dublin, directions to flying site can be found here: http://www.srfc.net/index2.html. Maybe some one else could give you a bus route.

I see Heli challenge at shankill tomorrow has been cancel for some reason :(

I was reading the email,If will not be raining i will go the Phoenix Park and visit the club there.Maybe I will join the club and get the MACI

• Advertisement
Advertisement