Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anywhere in Dublin/Wex/Wat to check out bags

• 27-01-2009 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Have been looking at the lowepro and tamrac backpacks on the web, would like to try a couple out before i buy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,515 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Don't know about Tamrac but Gunns in Wexford St. and The Camera Centre at the top of Grafton St. have the Lowepro Slingshot bags, not sure what other models they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Camera Exchange (Trinity and Georges Street South, Dublin) sell the Tamrac bags. You're better off in the Georges Street branch; that's where I bought one anyway. Conns also have most of the Lowepro bags, they are next to the pedestrian entrance to teh Brown Thomas carpark if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭weeslip

thanks for the help, will head into town and check them out, such a selection, hard to figure out a good buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Well last week i checked out nearly all the camera stores in Dublin city and i came to the conclusion that Gunnes on Wexford street is the cheapest by a good margin. Surprisingly Conns cameras have quite reasonable prices for bags too and have a good variety.
    Camera Exchange have a very limited collection. Prices are slightly on the more expensive side.
    Camera Centre on Grafton st. have a decent collection with prices slightly more than modest.
    Spectra in front of Trinity have a decent price but the last time i checked they had very limited collection, looks like they didn't bring in any new stock over the winter.
    Rest all stores are a waste of time for bags imo.

But i'll say go to Gunnes are they're the cheapest. Most other stores are rip offs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinarello

I bought my Lowepro fastpack 250 from the girls in Gunns.I couldn't recommend them more highly.Just a shame i live in Waterford and not Dublin as i'd give them more business...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,515 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Happy to confirm that for my selection (Lowepro Slingshot 200) Gunns were cheaper than Conns or the Camera Shop or Halls in Talbot St.

Advertisement