Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

24 300ml Bottles Grolsch €12.99 in Dunnes

• 27-01-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Just been in my local Dunnes Stores in Sligo and seen 24 300ml Bottles Grolsch €12.99 in Dunnes.

That's just 54c a bottle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

:eek:

for real?

i ****ing love grolsch!

to dunnes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

I'm drinking a bottle as I type. :)

Was €19.99 - €7 off = €12.99.

Exp. Date 28th Feb. '09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Thats great value - f*ckin hate grolsch though :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭bee_dix

Dunnes in finglas are selling it at 9.99 for box of 20, thats 50cents a bottle.. :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

bee_dix wrote: »
    Dunnes in finglas are selling it at 9.99 for box of 20, thats 50cents a bottle.. :)
    So is Eurospar (at least in Laghey anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭joeking

ive never had a bottle of this beer may give it a whirl .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Allah Hu Akbar

Offer isn't on in the midlands :(

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Westside dunnes in Galway has a few cases. 20 not 24 bottles for €13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭blobert

Anyone seen this offer in Dublin stores, specifically Rathmines as it's closest to me:)

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

blobert wrote: »
    Anyone seen this offer in Dublin stores, specifically Rathmines as it's closest to me:)

Thanks

Dunno but they had them in Blanch at lunchtime today - couldn't pick one up as my hands were full so the boss got me a box in the Mill in Clondalkin this afternoon when doing to grocery shopping lovely beer having one now - reckon must be available pretty much in all branches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Got it today in Parkway, Limerick 20 Btls 0f 300cl, for 12.99...Lots of boxes there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Loads of boxes left last night in the crumlin branch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Offer isn't on in the midlands :(

Pallet load in Dunnes Mullingar. No price displayed on them so the're not exactly flying out the door....

20 per box BTW €12.99

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

My local londis has it for 12.99 aswell, great bargain imo.!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭bee_dix

Just let people know this beer has todays best before date on it.. only got a couple bottles left of mine so have to polish it off tonight...:D

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

bee_dix wrote: »
    Just let people know this beer has todays best before date on it.. only got a couple bottles left of mine so have to polish it off tonight...:D
    Feb 28th date on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Oooh nice, I love Grolsch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

The date on bottled shouldn't matter to the consumer, bottled beer doesn't go bad. Even after a number of years out of date it's safe to drink, might taste like pish though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

4 of my cases are todays date, but the other 16 are Feb 28th.!

:D

invest4deepvalue.com

28 feb on mine, taste grand...hic:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    28 feb on mine, taste grand...hic:D

Same on mine - probably the last of the Christmas stock - nothing wrong with the stuff at all !!! A neighbour of mine who's in the licensed trade told me one time that even beer that's more than 6 months past it's sell by date is fine to drink and gave me a case of out of date Miller to prove it - it was fine to drink. :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Anybody know if this offer is on in the Ilac?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Anyone know if it's still going in any Dunnes store in Galway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The date on bottled shouldn't matter to the consumer, bottled beer doesn't go bad. Even after a number of years out of date it's safe to drink, might taste like pish though!
    Yes, its a best before date, not use by. They have to take into account people storing it in bright hot sunlight.

20x300ml=6000ml, so it is the same as 12x500ml cans, only half a case.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

True, I remember having a few cans of 3 year old! heino and got no ill effects from it, now at that vintage taste wasn't to great, but no ill effects occured :pac:

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    True, I remember having a few cans of 3 year old! heino and got no ill effects from it, now at that vintage taste wasn't to great, but no ill effects occured :pac:

Nick

I bow to you, sir...:)

Got 24 btls of 330cl wife beater in Dunnes, childers road, an hour ago for 17.99, not bad, set up lovely for the superbowl....cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

These are goin down to 10 quid tomorrow proper bargain if ya ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

These are goin down to 10 quid tomorrow proper bargain if ya ask me

€10 in Dunnes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

Yup from tomorrow there telling us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

That's cool thanks, will have to avail of a few crates.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 scooby the dog

on another issue re.. sell by date /an old neighbour of mine found a can of heinz potato salad ( small can )when cleaning out a press ,,the lid was all rusty and the best before date was 11 years earlier no bull **** it was perfect ,, he,s still alive and so am i

Got the 20 300cl bottles for 9.99 in Dunnes childers rd, Limerick tonite, date was still feb 28, was 2 grungy students in front loading a trolly with 10 cases, oh how we laughed, the lads were sound, 200 btls for 100 yoyos, was bout 10 cases left....:thum:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Does anyone know if they are the flip top bottles or if they are normal capped ones?

Normal capped...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Anybody have problems opening these ?
    Seems to me , at least 2 in every case the top comes of the bottle comes off as well as the cap. Then I'm left wondering did any of the glass fall back into the bottle....

maybe i don't know my own strength. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

Picked up 2 boxes of Grolsh (feb 28th exp. Date) 2 weeks ago in Dunnes. Don’t know if it’s just my batch, but there’s quite a lot of sediment in them – maybe that’s also why they’re so cheap? You don’t notice it so much if the bottle is left standing up in the fridge, but if you leave them on their side for an hour or so you will see it collect on the side of the bottle. Only a small issue, as it’s no harm and perfectly safe (I remember sediment well from my studenty home brew days) it just looks a bit dodgy. As I say, maybe it was just my batch. Didn’t stop me from drinking them! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Anybody have problems opening these ?
    Seems to me , at least 2 in every case the top comes of the bottle comes off as well as the cap. Then I'm left wondering did any of the glass fall back into the bottle....

maybe i don't know my own strength. :D
    this was happening me before, almost complained to the company, then copped... its the bottle opener ur using, and the tightly sealed caps, ur literally pulling the top off the bottle by catchin under the glass instead of the cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

probably too eager for the golden nectar inside....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Got it 2 weeks ago and I never noticed any sediment, bloody nice drink too, shame I can't find the deal any more, or Grolsch for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

probably too eager for the golden nectar inside....
    The irony of your username isnt lost on me either :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Got a case of that Grolsh today in the Dunnes in Blanchardstown
    Its out of date on Feb 28 but tastes good now !!
    50c a bottle, its a sin to leave it there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

These back out on the shelves again anywhere folks?

- If they were the swing-tops I'd be tempted to hand in my notice.......

Advertisement