Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Page option on Threads

Options
  • 27-01-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am new to posting but have followed various forums for a while. I was wondering why the page numbers option shows the first 4 or 5 pages and then a last page option. Would it easier to show the last few page numbers eg. 1,2,3....7,8,9. A severe lack of broadband and very poor dial up limits my time online. If i only return every few days a popular thread could have added many pages. It is awkard to select last page then realise I need to back up a few pages to read on from where I left off.
    Apploogies if this has been asked and answered before but I try to search forums as much as possible (as much as I can when online)
    Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi Medoc, welcome to boards.:)
    When you log on and view a forum, clicking the 'go to first new post' button firstnew.gif beside a thread will take you straight to the first post since your last visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

You can change your display settings to 40 posts/page. May help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

SteveC wrote: »
    When you log on and view a forum, clicking the 'go to first new post' button firstnew.gif beside a thread will take you straight to the first post since your last visit.

I never knew about that! Cheers steve

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Just to the right of "last" there's a downward-pointed triangle. If you click on that you can enter the page number you want to go to as well.

If you invert the threads in your User CP, every time you click into a thread it'll be the last page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

How do you know this stuff.

Thanks though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies and suggestions above I'll certainly use them and see how it goes. Thanks again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

orestes wrote: »
    I never knew about that! Cheers steve
    stovelid wrote: »
    How do you know this stuff.

Thanks though. :)

I can't believe people didn't know that!

Hehe, I'm learning new stuff about Vb every day... that one's been around for ages though.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I can't believe people didn't know that!

Hehe, I'm learning new stuff about Vb every day... that one's been around for ages though.:)

Every day eh?

So what did you learn today?

*gets notepad and waits to take notes*

Today is only 2 hrs old... give me a chance..:D

One of my recent acquisitions was learning how to tell who posted & how many times in a thread... e.g. this

• Advertisement
Advertisement