Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

handheld question...

• 27-01-2009 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

Not sure where to put this but just wondering have microsoft ever talked of releasing a handheld and if so is it coming any time soon?

I'm thinking of buying a new handheld machine. I have a DS which I've lost interest in. So basically as it stands that just leaves me with the PSP which looks like a decent bit of kit but surely will have to be replaced in the next year or two.

So basically any news of a microsoft handheld?
    When will the psp and ds be replaced?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

PSP 2 Announced
    In much the same vein as the PS3 needing to come down in price, the PSP needs... well, it needs games first and foremost, but a real, honest-to-goodness hardware update (you know, one worthy of a full number addition to the name) wouldn't be a bad start. We're going to go out on a limb and guess that come E3 this year, amid a flurry of first-party software announcements for the old PSP, the new PSP will be teased along with it.

Now we're not expecting it to actually be released anytime soon (2010 at the earliest), but the announcement of a system with two analog sticks, a touch screen, solid state storage and the removal of the UMD (Sam thinks there'll be a utility to rip old PSP games for those that own them, and everything else will become a digital download on the next iteration of the PlayStation Store). A persistent online connection and tighter integration with the PS3 would just sweeten the deal, but we're going to go with some kind of PSP 2 announcement happening in just a few months.

Advertisement