Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

german higher level

Options
  • 27-01-2009 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

ok my teacher hasnt started the letter or the ausserung with us yet. we have pres in two weeks. what can i do myself to prepare for it. we just use the exam papers ubung macht den meister and horschatz. we have no main text book. is there any special book that deals with this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭riverstick

anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

get less stress more success for German, unlike some of that series it has plenty of useful phrases in it that should get you through the pre exam

and look at skoool.ie lots of things on that for written german pieces too!

try and incorporate some of the stuff the notes have into your work and you shouldn't do terrible! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Get loads of vocab from the comprehensions on the papers.

It's a pity your teacher hasn't started the Ausserung or Letter with you yet...maybe do a few on your own and look up any phrases/words you may feel you need. A lot of the same topics come up every year so that should prepare you somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

How in one and a half years of German have you not done the Letter or the Außerung? Grammar only gets you so far!
    All the letters are the nearly the same though, do 4 or five of them and you'd be set. I guess vocab is important for them, some odd questions might come up.

well she was out pregnant last year and we didnt have a great teacher. this year shes back though we have done nearly all the comprehensions and the aurals and were currently just doing constant oral but she just never did the letters or ausserungs yet maby she will do them after the oral. anyway what topics should i study for them. i have less stress if i just learned that would it do for the letters

• Advertisement

anyone any more suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Metamorphisis

I've heard that generally they tend to pick themes for the written paper from the picture sequences and role plays... i'm not sure how much truth there is behind it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

riverstick wrote: »
    anyone any more suggestions

Studying your orals and get max vocab out of them i guarantee most of the topics in it will resurface in the written! So dont worry just put the work into the orals expanding your knowledge and topic range and you'll be able to face anything in the letter.

Advertisement