Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under-rated band or artist.

Options
  • 27-01-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Hey everybody, what in your opinion is the most under-rated band or artist?
    Apoligies if there is a thread similiar to this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

buckcherry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

Eels

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The Zombies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Boo-yah wrote: »
    Eels

Good choice. I'd like to mention Band of Horses as being notoriously under-rated, my reasoning being that not a lot of people know much about them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

RichTea wrote: »
    Good choice. I'd like to mention Band of Horses as being notoriously under-rated, my reasoning being that not a lot of people know much about them yet.

Band of Horses are good alright...

• Advertisement

Have to actually mention Modest Mouse - I saw a poster on here the other night say the only song the y have is "Float On":eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

King's X

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

charlotte hatherley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

Orizio wrote: »
    The Zombies

Definitely a serious contender.

For me it would be Stone Temple Pilots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

ya gotta agree with ye on the eels. andrew bird also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Galaxie 500
    AR Kane
    Brief Candles
    The December Sound
    Whipping Boy
    Pylon
    Ride
    The Sundays
    Pale Saints
    The Gun Club
    Into Paradise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

That band that were not signed because of the Beatles - The Tremeloes (?). Really good songs that have sadly been forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

for me credence cr are one of the most under rated bands ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Brand New
    Screeching Weasel
    Lunachicks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

RichTea wrote: »

The Funeral is an amazing song

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Whipping Boy

David Kitt
    Gene
    Whipping Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Thing is, this is all dependent on who you speak to. For example, I almost got a heart attack when I saw 'Modest Mouse' mentioned, who to me are practically overrated, and usually believed to have released some of the finest albums of the 00's, but I guess if you talk to people who only take a slight interest in music, they may not even have heard of them, or only listened to 'Float On'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Electric Six :)

Orizio wrote: »
    Thing is, this is all dependent on who you speak to. For example, I almost got a heart attack when I saw 'Modest Mouse' mentioned, who to me are practically overrated, and usually believed to have released some of the finest albums of the 00's, but I guess if you talk to people who only take a slight interest in music, they may not even have heard of them, or only listened to 'Float On'.

I just had to mention them as I say due to the poster on some other thread in here saying they'd only one good song.

I'd also like to mention Zwan, who took an awful pummeling at the time - I actually think their album was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

davylee wrote: »
    for me credence cr are one of the most under rated bands ever

I would semi-agree with you. They were appreciated by their generation but their greatness has been forgotten down through the generations which is an atrocity. Very few people out there of my age(19) that like them. Such a pity...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

funktastic wrote: »
    Ride

They're awesome alright..
    And no-one who I've talked knows who they are. Some people can kinda get the wrong impression too. "Ever heard of Ride???" :pac:
    In terms of modern bands I think Feeder are cronically under-rated. But then.. their last album really let them down.
    Editors as well. But not really sure if they're under rated. They're pretty main stream I suppose.

Buuuut. For sure in my opinion the most under rated act would be Sparklehorse. Mark Linkous is a genious. I really hope someone knows who they are..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Muse. Can't be praised enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

BrightEyes wrote: »
    Muse. Can't be praised enough

Good band but hardly underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Richard Thompson.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

mars bar wrote: »
    I would semi-agree with you. They were appreciated by their generation but their greatness has been forgotten down through the generations which is an atrocity. Very few people out there of my age(19) that like them. Such a pity...

i'm not that much older so i dont no about the sixties but your definatley right about this generation

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

the late great Clifford T Ward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Dallas Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Seafood

Seriously, if you haven't heard of these guys then check them out. Last 3 albums have been excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

fitting as he's only recently passed away

John Martyn is seriously underrated, check out his early work- amazing stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Sadly underrated in his own country (though underrated isn't exactly correct, more so that he is ignored) Freddie White. Started off in the seventies, played in Scullion, stint in Moving Hearts etc. and he is truly one of the greatest vocalists and guitarists in the country.

Give him any song and listen to what he turns it in to, incredible stuff.

Advertisement