Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rude Eircom Broadband Support

Options
  • 27-01-2009 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I need broadband for work so my company uses Eircom to provide a line to my house as I need it at weekends and evenings to do work.
    Our broadband is down since last Saturday week so I logged the problem with their help desk. They were OK but each day they kept passing it up to a higher level person when asked for an update. They always said somebody would call out or ring up.

As I was too busy at work to follow up my wife called up and was given the mobile number of an account manager. He must not be too popular with his support staff even though they said he was the person to contact. He was quite abrupt and hung up on my wife saying she was not the correct person to be dealing with him. He then rang my IT group at work and complained about her calling him! and even suggested she was abusive to him!

What a big girls blouse........surely Eircom should hire people who have the ability to deal with people when asked for support.

Point is that I feel he should be reported for this, but don't know who I should now contact.

Any Eircom HR people read these boards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Greenpiece wrote: »
    I need broadband for work so my company uses Eircom to provide a line to my house as I need it at weekends and evenings to do work.
    Our broadband is down since last Saturday week so I logged the problem with their help desk. They were OK but each day they kept passing it up to a higher level person when asked for an update. They always said somebody would call out or ring up.

As I was too busy at work to follow up my wife called up and was given the mobile number of an account manager. He must not be too popular with his support staff even though they said he was the person to contact. He was quite abrupt and hung up on my wife saying she was not the correct person to be dealing with him. He then rang my IT group at work and complained about her calling him! and even suggested she was abusive to him!

What a big girls blouse........surely Eircom should hire people who have the ability to deal with people when asked for support.

Point is that I feel he should be reported for this, but don't know who I should now contact.

Any Eircom HR people read these boards?

Eircom are massive twats and this is news to you?

I don't bother with them. Try UTV internet. I have always found them extremely helpful whenever I have dealt with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

youre lucky you got any response like that at all, my 'new' line they put in the last gaff i was renting had a horrible SNR ratio on the upload meaning 3Mb download/48Kb upload lol, i need broadband for weekend work and spent half a year trying to get the idiots to do something about it and gave up and moved.

They kept doing 'line' tests saying they saw no issues, last i checked the bloody modem needs to be off to do a line test to check the echo coming back, idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

To be fair, it was their mobile number, it wasn't really appropriate the first person you spoke to giving it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Did you try ringing 1890-260-260 Thats BB Tech Support

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Dont bother complaining....just go with another supplier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭carlowguy32

broadband was down for and hour or 2 last night, I phoned 1901 to see if there was a problem in the area, got and answer machine and gave me a choice, i picked faults, then answer machine told me to log onto www.eircom.ie to report or look for faults in my area, I would if the broadband wasnt down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

lmimmfn wrote: »
    They kept doing 'line' tests saying they saw no issues, last i checked the bloody modem needs to be off to do a line test to check the echo coming back, idiots

Not true the speeds you sync at including the snr can be seen on the sync checker software while you are connected with dsl sync.

To do a more detailed echo test you just have to be not using the phone. Broadband can still be conencted.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

JohnG18 wrote: »
    Did you try ringing 1890-260-260 Thats BB Tech Support

Yes, that's the number I rang first. To be fair to the people on this line they were courteous but kept referring onto somebody else until eventually someone gave out the mobile number. They were probably over helpful by doing this.

It's just they kept promising that somebody would come and check the connection and when nobody did it got passed up the chain.

My point is that if this is an account manager you would think they would be even more professional in trying to respond to a customer.

Anyway, latest update is that somebody did finally come today and now the line is OK but router box is not and so I have to wait until router is replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Not true the speeds you sync at including the snr can be seen on the sync checker software while you are connected with dsl sync.
    Ahhh, i know that( sure you can even see them from your modem ), if they cared about the sync speeds though they wouldnt have closed all 20+ cases i raised in 6 months with them through UTV with 'theres absolutely nothing wrong with the line'
    To do a more detailed echo test you just have to be not using the phone. Broadband can still be conencted.
    But broadband will affect the echo test also, as in its best to have nothing connected. You could do an echo test also while the phone is connected as you can use the frequences not being used by the phoneline. Anyways my point is just that they dont tell you to disconnect anything, they probably dont even run a test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Rorser wrote: »
    Dont bother complaining....just go with another supplier.

Dont bother with Imagine anyhow. As a former employee, you wouldnt believe the things i've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Dont bother with Imagine anyhow. As a former employee, you wouldnt believe the things i've seen.

Imagine=Eircom

Go with Magnet or Smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Incorrect, check again.
    Ahhh, i know that( sure you can even see them from your modem )

Also incorrect. The router config will not always show the true sync speed or if there is a low attainable or any errors on the line, not to mention it's much faster for the agent to use sync checker then have the customer open up http://192.168.1.254.

But broadband will affect the echo test also, as in its best to have nothing connected. You could do an echo test also while the phone is connected as you can use the frequences not being used by the phoneline. Anyways my point is just that they dont tell you to disconnect anything, they probably dont even run a test

As you've already stated the agent didn't even use the term 'echo test' and you are just presuming to tell us this is what they meant. It is more than likely they were running a sync checker test which is entirely different. It's much easier for the average consumer, who more often then not has the modem plugged into the clearly labelled telephone port of the splitter, to understand the term 'line test' then an explanation of exactly what sync means.

Advertisement