Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 GPRS settings for pda!

• 27-01-2009 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hey. I have a pda and have a 3 sim card does anybody know the GPRS setting for this network...such as access ponit and all the other stuff....:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mr. Walker

Random wrote: »

It does not have the details for gprs on 3 thouth.

Sorry I should have posted more than just a link I guess.
    connection name:3
    data bearer: packet data
    APN: 3ireland.ie
    username: none
    prompt password:no
    password: none
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/HutchKey/
    network type:IPv4
    phone IP address:automatic
    name servers (DNS): automatic
    proxy address:none
    proxy port:0

These should do the job for you though. It's all I've ever needed.

What else is it asking for that's not there? We'll find it!

Thanks a million that should work but i have one more question about phones for you. Do you know what isp connections are.

What does all this MMS / WAP / ISP mean?

MMS: Multi media messaging. Allows you to send non-text files such as pictures, videos and audio. The size of the message is usually limited to ~100KB

WAP: Wireless Application Protocol. Allows your phone to connect to the internet through your network's proxy. Some applications will not work properly with WAP. Prices can differ from ISP access

ISP/WEB: Full internet access without any ports blocked or configurable proxy. Generally better than WAP for ease of use but can be more expensive. Check pricing.

• Advertisement

Random wrote: »
    What does all this MMS / WAP / ISP mean?

MMS: Multi media messaging. Allows you to send non-text files such as pictures, videos and audio. The size of the message is usually limited to ~100KB

WAP: Wireless Application Protocol. Allows your phone to connect to the internet through your network's proxy. Some applications will not work properly with WAP. Prices can differ from ISP access

ISP/WEB: Full internet access without any ports blocked or configurable proxy. Generally better than WAP for ease of use but can be more expensive. Check pricing.

What is the networks proxy?

And is isp the same as gprs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

our very own thread on the topic is here :)

Irish Operator Settings [Device Settings / Configurations] (Scroll down for Three)

Sorry didn't relies that there was a thread already.

Why would you use isp instead of gprs when the isp data charge is dearer.

WAP: Wireless Application Protocol. Allows your phone to connect to the internet through your network's proxy. Some applications will not work properly with WAP.

ISP/WEB: Full internet access without any ports blocked or configurable proxy. Generally better than WAP for ease of use but can be more expensive.

Advertisement