Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband down again tonight?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Mine connection seems okay now. But I can't get on to the UPC website!! How can that be a coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

My parents broadband has been fvcked since last week. It's probably all to do with this:
    http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/12126/comms/dangerous-storm-wreaks-havoc-across-eircoms-network

www.eircom.ie has an update from last Friday saying they'd half the faults fixed, so I imagine that this will go on for another week or so.

Can't access www.eircom.net at all from outside eircom's network. From within the network, one node in particular has 500ms latencies - 86.43.242.62 - though I'd say that's a symptom more than a cause.

You think they'd put an update on the eircom.net website or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I thought it was my laptop taking taking the piss over the last few weeks, that was until I realised my Xbox Live was down aswell...

Saved me a serious headache

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

hi guys, my broadband keeps timing out too and its frying my brains... anyhow how do I go about changing the settings for better performance? I'm cracking up here. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    . anyhow how do I go about changing the settings for better performance? I'm cracking up here. Thanks

Have a look through this,might help

https://www.opendns.com/homenetwork/start/

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 robwoods68

Thanks to boards.ie and contributors for very helpful information about opendns. I phoned eircom a couple of days ago about outages. A sympathetic lady commiserated and said she'd had the same problem. I asked why they didn't give information about outages on their website, to save people thinking the problem was with their computers or modems. She thought that was a good idea and would suggest it to her supervisor - but was unable to give me the name of someone to write to. I wonder how widespread the problem is, and why it hasn't been mentioned in the papers or on the radio.
    robwoods

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

That's odd because I rang yesterday about an interleaving query and before I got talking to any agent, I had to listen to a prerecorded message saying something like "We are aware of technical issues involving certain websites not loading and are trying to resolve it. Apologies for the inconvenience.".

Must be only in specific areas that people are having these problems because I haven't seen anything wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Still screwed yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

i had it aswell lastnight

i have people renting rooms and its no good when it goes on the blink like that

whats the best broadband provider ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Seems to be back to normal tonight for me, thank god.

So far, anyway....... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Fatloss08 wrote: »
    i had it aswell lastnight

i have people renting rooms and its no good when it goes on the blink like that

whats the best broadband provider ???????

Eircom is usually the best, in 2 1/2 years I've only had 2 or 3 problems, last night being one of them. Other providers have lots of hidden charges, such as billing you for going slightly over your dl limit, which has never happened anyone i know with eircom. It seems ok today again, for the moment anyway.

How is this going for people?

Mine is acting up again tonight!! When I sit forward on my bed it works, but when I bring the laptop back onto my lap, it doesn't!!!

This is seriously pissing me off, it's been weeks ffs, surely they would have fixed whatever problem there was by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ossi

dam it happening again eircom keeps crashing or are they updating broadband without telling anyone as usuall:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

ossi wrote: »
    dam it happening again eircom keeps crashing or are they updating broadband without telling anyone as usuall:mad::mad::mad:

What do you mean Ossi? "keeps crashing" - you mean that you cannot get onto web sites (as per the earlier thread) or your connection keeps losing synch?

Some more information would be helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Well I came home to no broadband. It keeps losing sync. I'm on santry exchange I believe.

Really annoying since I bought dawn of war 2 and it requires a net connection to activate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

was happening to me last night , it's like the problems just travel in waves across the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Well its obviously not wide spread or there would be dozens of posts about it here. Too many people complain about their broadband when its a more local problem, like their wireless connection etc. You should check out all other possibilities first.

Could someone post the eircom broadband support number?

I'm using a iPhone that is only picking up edge to post and the eircom site is really slow. Need to ring these guys and log a ticket about the DSL sync loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

1890 260 260

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

It doesn't look very widespread looking at the ammount of posts but its definately something Eircom need to sort, or else they'll start to build up a reputation

• Advertisement

Thanks Fuzzy.

It came back on before i had a chance to ring.

Looks like eircom is going to be down this evening for people on the santry exchange. DSL losing sync again and its been kinda slow all day.

I really should ring and demand a day's credit from them

Mine was messed up last night!! Seems okay tonight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

mines really bad for the past few days,im in cork on the wellington road exchange i think

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Laivasse

Big outage today for me. I'm in Edenderry, Offaly, and I don't know what exchange I'm on, but internet was down for me for something like 6 hours today from afternoon to evening. Phone support confirmed that there was an area wide problem.

Now that I have the net back, my ping to pretty much everything including google increased by 100-200, making gaming impossible. This is worrying as it smacks of 'we just fixed it but it's going to stay broken for you'. Anyone else here affected?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anyone know what's wrong with Setanta on Eircom? I click the link to open the media player but nothing loads or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

That_Guy wrote: »
    Anyone know what's wrong with Setanta on Eircom? I click the link to open the media player but nothing loads or anything.

What browser are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

mine keeps timing out when i look at wesites,have to hit the refresh button 5 or 6 times to look at the site,then it loads without pictures,getting really sick of it now,gonna have to ring that number posted above

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

eircom slow for anyone this evening? lost connection 3 times so far today and pings now of over 200 to all websites except for eircom itself. Really annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

Gonzo wrote: »
    eircom slow for anyone this evening? lost connection 3 times so far today and pings now of over 200 to all websites except for eircom itself. Really annoying.

Mine's crawling along too, 1.4MB approx when it should be nearer 7MB, pings of 3 or 4 hundred. No murdering fat American kids Call of Duty for me tonight :D

Advertisement