Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to buy a new mens suit need help

• 27-01-2009 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Can anyone recommend any place in Waterford to buy a nice mens suit at a decent price. I have five weddings to go to this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭MrLuke

Next, decent fit, decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shaykel

Yea,
    NEXT Shop - near Ardkeen Tesco - not bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Are you guys serious about Next? He has five weddings to go to, not a Debs!

Pretty much all of the respected menswear shops in town such as Fitzgeralds and Gregorys still have sales on and there's great reductions on a lot of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

AdMMM wrote: »

Pretty much all of the respected menswear shops in town such as Fitzgeralds and Gregorys still have sales on and there's great reductions on a lot of stuff.

Gregorys has alot of half price suits. €150 for many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Do you provide some kind of service for single women? Yikes...5 weddings?

Good luck to you sir!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

What ever you do dont forget to do like most irish people and get it on credit!:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I suppose it wouldnt be cheaper to work out a deal with Black Tie, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Sully wrote: »
    I suppose it wouldnt be cheaper to work out a deal with Black Tie, no?

Just don't lose the jacket if you get in a drunken mess. :(

On topic, I would also suggest Gregory's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

I was in the same situation last year albeit i only had 3 weddings to go to. I got a suit in Tony Roches, found the guy in there very helpful but the price really will depend on the quality of the suit you get. I would recommend to get a good quality(€400+) suit if you are going to get the ware out of it. Would not recommend next for a suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Have to agree with the posters above - Gregory's on Patrick Street has suits for half price - at €150 you couldn't go wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

yeah spend a few pound, cheap suits like next or river island or wherever just look cheap and don't hold their shape too well. get a couple of decent shirts and a couple of decent ties and you're sorted. rented suits aren't great either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

is there still a sale on in Peter France?
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I would also recommend Gregory's. Friendly staff, good prices.

Is there anywhere in Waterford to get a properly tailored suit to fit your personal size and shape?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I would also Reccomend Gregory's,

I deal with Greg a good bit Through the shop here and he's sound out.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭MrLuke

AdMMM wrote: »

yeah I'm serious. Depends on what your after, I found the above shops didnt have the style I was after which I found in Next (last place I looked since it was out of town). This was pre-recession so I prob thought those places were kinda pricey too. Although since then I have picked up another suit in Next and again its a style that I havent seen anywhere else.

Depends what the OP is after, but def shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

Next is probably the last place you should be going to all of you!

If you go into next now they dont display the english prices anymore they put stickers over them.

They were talkin about this on Matt Cooper today fm how a suit was £90 for the entire suit and it was in Euro €80 for pants and €160 for the top part waist coat shirt and coat, not exact description but the exchange is ridiculous and theyve started covering up the English prices with extra stickers over the Irish price one T shirt i looked at was €30 and in pounds(after i had removed the sticker) £20.

Complete rip off

Get your suit off one of the Irish lads in town if your interested in keeping people in work.

Thats my opinion of course so if you dont agree i hope it didnt wind you up, but the story on Matt Cooper was carried out by market research group she advised you speak to the manager about the price difference. What good that would do i dont know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭qork

Not in town, but I got a suit recently in M&S, special deal they are doing, suit (Jacket and Trousers) for €150, free shirt, tie and shoes. Hard to beat.
    Q

• Registered Users Posts: 6 porto

Thanks for the suggestions. I went into the menswear shop in Patricks st. Gregorys and the chap sold me a great suit reduced from 350e to 150e. The chap knew his stuff and I will certainly be goin back there as he was very helpful.Also bought a class shirt and tie for 60e. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I think that Fitzgeralds menswear is the best. The service there is terriffic. They have some realyy nice suits and will order in anything you need. Also if you are a fat bastard like me, you can get things left in and out, and legs and arms shortened at no extra cost.

• Advertisement
Advertisement