Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transporting a Tumble Dryer

Options
  • 27-01-2009 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Can you transport a condenser dryer on its side?

I need to get one from Cork to Dublin on Sat but it won't fit upright and will only go in on its side in the car....would it cause any damage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Is it in original packaging ?
    If yes - I would imagine that there would not be a problem.
    If not - I would lay it on it's side and hope for the best, maybe wrap a duvet around it to stop it getting scratched or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

dh0661 wrote: »
    Is it in original packaging ?
    If yes - I would imagine that there would not be a problem.
    If not - I would lay it on it's side and hope for the best, maybe wrap a duvet around it to stop it getting scratched or whatever.

No its not in original packaging. Been used for a bit but house move.

It'll be fitting in the back of an estate so not much to move it around. Just wondering if I transported it on its side would it damage anything inside?

There are probably no moving parts like a wash machine though..???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    There are probably no moving parts like a wash machine though..???

Thats what I was thinking.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It should be OK in the car on its side/back. A washing machine, however would be a different story. When new, you've to remove transit bolts which restrain the drum during transportation. Dryers don't need any of that.

Advertisement