Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory Foam mattress - Tesco !!

Options
  • 27-01-2009 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

hey ,

ive been looking at the Dreamtime Memory Foam Mattress's in tesco. they are €99 reduced from €249 .

Has anyone bought any one of these? or do they own one??

Just wondering what they are like as im really interested in gettin one but not too sure what reviews they get !!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buckrodgers

What tesco is that? I am looking for a new mattress and that sounds like a good deal. I havent seen it in my local tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Beansprout

have ya heard anything about them ????

Am they are in killarney , clonmel and ive seen them in Tesco Clarehall.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Yea ! What Tesco's is this in, need a new matress myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Are they single or double?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This should really be in bargain alerts, not bargain requests.

There is more traffic in alerts too, so might get more response.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

yeah, but i doubt they are a full mattress, more like a matress top - still uber comfy nonetheless and a good spot OP!

Dunnes have them for €199 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I think I seen these in clearwater last week. Did not see a price. When over this morning and they had none.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

yeah, but i doubt they are a full mattress, more like a matress top - still uber comfy nonetheless and a good spot OP!

Dunnes have them for €199 i think.
    The ones in Dunnes are a full double mattress, not a "topper".

Beth wrote: »
    The ones in Dunnes are a full double mattress, not a "topper".

What size Beth? Queen?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Only seen

King size €229

Double €199

Unless you check with your local branch.

Dunnes store locator

And don't forget to pick up 20 bottles of Grolsch for €12.99 while your at it.

Best before date 28/02/09. :D

By the way lovely mattress, weight's a ton but has wheels on bottom of box which I learned fast.

Vacuum packed and states in instructions needs to be left to air for 48 hours before use, to fully inflate and for the fire retardant smell to ease a bit, smell not that bad.

• Advertisement

It's inflatable is it Sharp?

No.

But as its vacuum packed, the foam needs a bit of time to fully expand .

Have mine out of the packing about half an hour and it looks nearly fully expanded.

Sorry if post was misleading.

Thanks for the heads up was looking for one of these for ages.

Sharp wrote: »
    No.

Have mine out of the packing about half an hour and it looks nearly fully expanded.

no hassles...ta for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Sharp wrote: »
    No.

Sharp, how is the mattress going?Would you recommend it? Was in Dunnes today and saw both the €199 mattress and the €99 topper. Not sure which to get:confused:

filo87 wrote: »
    Sharp, how is the mattress going?Would you recommend it? Was in Dunnes today and saw both the €199 mattress and the €99 topper. Not sure which to get:confused:

Recommend the mattress, the reason I didn't go for a topper although I had looked in to them before, on a thread on moneysaveingexpert it was mentioned they move/slide over time and you have to regularly re-adjust them.
    It was also mentioned they do not revitalize an old mattress but are good on orthopedic mattresses, hence I went for the mattress.

No complaints with the matterss a friend seen it and picked one up too, loves it.

First night a bit weird as the core foam is very firm, memory foam perfect depth used to the feel of it now and the other thing mentioned about memory foam was the excessive heat, the comparison that sleeping on memory foam was a sauna like experience where you woke up sweating and the need for a heat dispersing cover sheet.

None of the above applied to the mattress, it is warm but not any warmer than a normal mattress which i'm delighted with.

One thing i will say in comparison to my old sprung mattress, I get a much better, refreshing sleep on the memory foam.

Hope this has been of help.

One last tip i picked up from the thread was if you have a bed frame with lats whether wooden or metal was to place a sheet of "Peg board"(the thin one with lots of holes) over these so the foam can breath and also stop the foam sinking through the lats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 shifers

Did anyone find out if the Tesco mattress was really €99 and which Dunnes did you find the mattresses in? I was in one today and was rudely told they didn't do mattresses. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

toppers are available in Dunnes Nutgtove SC, Rathfarnham - they're €99, but don't think they have any mattresses there.

Friend seen mattresses in Stephens Green Dunnes during week.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

In my local Dunnes the toppers are in the drapery but the mattresses are in the grocery section so make sure to ask in the grocery section.
    I bought the €99 topper and it's great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i rang 3 dunnes in limerick and all they have in stock are toppers, the king size are 199 and the double 129.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

old boy wrote: »
    i rang 3 dunnes in limerick and all they have in stock are toppers, the king size are 199 and the double 129.

The double toppers were definitely €100 yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Guys, have any of you experience with these or other toppers.
    We have bought a new bed and mattress and the mattress is crippling my back. The mattress is just way too hard for me
    Added to this I heat up in the bed very easily so do not want to add to this and am wary that a memory foam one may set me on fire :)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have to get my hands on something to allow me to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Millie wrote: »
    Guys, have any of you experience <SNIP> just way too hard for me <SNIP> Added to this I heat up in the bed very easily <SNIP> I have to get my hands on something to allow me to sleep.

Context is everything really isn't it ??? :D

Thanks for the tip OP, heading now to get one (hopefully)

Advertisement