Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor issue

Options
  • 28-01-2009 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

By far the worst customer service ever!

I had a meteor contract with 3 mobiles on my account.
    1 was my main, 2nd was the girlfriend,3rd was for my car.
    Signed up on my one in Dec 2006, in February 2007 got another number which i was to use as my car number (dont ask! ;) ) I than added the girlfriend in March 2007. All is good, I signed for my upgrade in November 2007 (11months after signing initially), February 2008 comes and I'm out of contract on my car mobile and cancel it. Now only 2 numbers on my account.
    April 2008 break up with the girlfriend and rang up meteor to see if i could add 2nd bank details onto my account for her number so she could pay for it! they said no only 1 bank account per account. Right so what can I do than? They kindly said you can "split the account". So they will basically create a brand new account and transfer that number onto a new account. Not only that but they said they will also give my X Girlfriends number an upgrade. Sound I said. So they did that and she got an n95 8gb in April 2008. Now no problems at all here. October 2008 comes (11months after signing last) I wanted an upgrade. Rang meteor and they said no you wont get upgrade till next year. I said i got an upgrade after 11months last time and im out of contract in 1month. They said yes we know however we have changed our upgrade policy. Fine so i ported out onto Vodafone. I forgot to mention that I reduced my tariff down from 50euro month tariff to the 20euro. So I was in contract with 1 month left to go so was expecting a bill for say 30euro. 20 being the line rental for the last month of contract and 10 for whatever i used. I got a bill in for 180euro. Shocked, I knew there had been a mistake so I rang the "Customer Care" and spent a pleasant 1 hour on the phone. They said that I was in contract till April 2009 (5months left) because i signed an upgrade in April 2008. I said no there was an upgrade signed in 2008 for the other number being my X girlfriends. And that I ported out a different number. They kept saying that I was wrong. So I said right if i had signed an upgrade in April (which I didnt) thats 5 months at 20euro which is 100euro so where you getting the extra 80euro? He replied oh yes you split your account in April 2008 and there is 80euro admin charge for that! WOW!! I said was not told I was going to get charged for that. He replied well what do you expect I can do or say? Cheeky fuc**r! He said its your word against ours. I said I didnt really want to go down this road and told him who I was. He apologised to me when I told him and he started believing or pretending to believe when I said that i wasnt told about the charge and i didnt upgrade the number in April. He said he will get his boss to ring me back in an hour. Nobody rang me back. 1month later I got a debt collectors letter demanding the money or I will be taken to court. Unbelievable, it was swept under the carpet. I contacted my Meteor rep and the charge has now been discarded. However METEORS customer Care is a shambles, they dont care if your stung by a huge bill because of their clerical error!

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Your ex-girlfriend is a bitch.

Stop blaming meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Blue_Wolf wrote: »

Signed up on my one in Dec 2006, in February 2007 got another number which i was to use as my car number (dont ask! ;) ) I than added the girlfriend in March 2007. All is good, I signed for my upgrade in November 2007 (11months after signing initially), February 2008 comes and I'm out of contract on my car mobile and cancel it. Now only 2 numbers on my account.
    April 2008 break up with the girlfriend and rang up meteor to see if i could add 2nd bank details onto my account for her number so she could pay for it! they said no only 1 bank account per account. Right so what can I do than? They kindly said you can "split the account". So they will basically create a brand new account and transfer that number onto a new account. Not only that but they said they will also give my X Girlfriends number an upgrade. Sound I said. So they did that and she got an n95 8gb in April 2008. Now no problems at all here. October 2008 comes (11months after signing last) I wanted an upgrade. Rang meteor and they said no you wont get upgrade till next year. I said i got an upgrade after 11months last time and im out of contract in 1month. They said yes we know however we have changed our upgrade policy. Fine so i ported out onto Vodafone. I forgot to mention that I reduced my tariff down from 50euro month tariff to the 20euro. So I was in contract with 1 month left to go so was expecting a bill for say 30euro. 20 being the line rental for the last month of contract and 10 for whatever i used. I got a bill in for 180euro. Shocked, I knew there had been a mistake so I rang the "Customer Care" and spent a pleasant 1 hour on the phone. They said that I was in contract till April 2009 (5months left) because i signed an upgrade in April 2008. I said no there was an upgrade signed in 2008 for the other number being my X girlfriends. And that I ported out a different number. They kept saying that I was wrong. So I said right if i had signed an upgrade in April (which I didnt) thats 5 months at 20euro which is 100euro so where you getting the extra 80euro? He replied oh yes you split your account in April 2008 and there is 80euro admin charge for that! WOW!! I said was not told I was going to get charged for that. He replied well what do you expect I can do or say? Cheeky fuc**r! He said its your word against ours. I said I didnt really want to go down this road and told him who I was. He apologised to me when I told him and he started believing or pretending to believe when I said that i wasnt told about the charge and i didnt upgrade the number in April. He said he will get his boss to ring me back in an hour. Nobody rang me back. 1month later I got a debt collectors letter demanding the money or I will be taken to court. Unbelievable, it was swept under the carpet. I contacted my Meteor rep and the charge has now been discarded. However METEORS customer Care is a shambles, they dont care if your stung by a huge bill because of their clerical error!

Thanks for reading.

You are a tit .. you should have cancelled her number and left her go off and get her own... although why did you get her a phone under your name?!??!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Firstly we didnt break up on bad terms and we were good friends

Secondly my relationship was not the topic, it was what Meteor had done or neglected to do. I know it was a long essay and easy to trail off but clearly you guys have missed the point :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Long essay? Try using the return key a couple of times, that's next to impossible to read.

When you said "I said I didnt really want to go down this road and told him who I was.", surely he already knew who you were, since he was dealing with your account?

Also, if they claim you agreed to a contract change, or any charges and fees, ask them to produce the recording of where you verbally agreed, or the contract where you signed you agreement. If they can't produce either of these, then they haven't a leg to stand on.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

meteor are terrible.
    u wouldnt get that wit 02.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Blue_Wolf wrote: »

April 2008 break up with the girlfriend and rang up meteor to see if i could add 2nd bank details onto my account for her number so she could pay for it! they said no only 1 bank account per account. Right so what can I do than? They kindly said you can "split the account". So they will basically create a brand new account and transfer that number onto a new account.
    Not only that but they said they will also give my X Girlfriends number an upgrade. Sound I said.
    So they did that and she got an n95 8gb in April 2008. Now no problems at all here. October 2008 comes (11months after signing last) I wanted an upgrade.
    Rang meteor and they said no you wont get upgrade till next year. I said i got an upgrade after 11months last time and im out of contract in 1month. They said yes we know however we have changed our upgrade policy. Fine so i ported out onto Vodafone. I forgot to mention that I reduced my tariff down from 50euro month tariff to the 20euro. So I was in contract with 1 month left to go so was expecting a bill for say 30euro. 20 being the line rental for the last month of contract and 10 for whatever i used.
    I got a bill in for 180euro. Shocked, I knew there had been a mistake so I rang the "Customer Care" and spent a pleasant 1 hour on the phone. They said that I was in contract till April 2009 (5months left) because i signed an upgrade in April 2008. I said no there was an upgrade signed in 2008 for the other number being my X girlfriends.
    And that I ported out a different number. They kept saying that I was wrong. So I said right if i had signed an upgrade in April (which I didnt) thats 5 months at 20euro which is 100euro so where you getting the extra 80euro? He replied oh yes you split your account in April 2008 and there is 80euro admin charge for that!
    WOW!!
    I said was not told I was going to get charged for that. He replied well what do you expect I can do or say? Cheeky fuc**r! He said its your word against ours. I said I didnt really want to go down this road and told him who I was. He apologised to me when I told him and he started believing or pretending to believe when I said that i wasnt told about the charge and i didnt upgrade the number in April. He said he will get his boss to ring me back in an hour. Nobody rang me back. 1month later I got a debt collectors letter demanding the money or I will be taken to court. Unbelievable, it was swept under the carpet. I contacted my Meteor rep and the charge has now been discarded. However METEORS customer Care is a shambles, they dont care if your stung by a huge bill because of their clerical error!

Thanks for reading.

Eh... I read and formatted all that to find the issue resolved?

Yes it was resolved but not by meteor customer care but because i know the meteor rep. I work in the mobile phone industry. This went on for 3 months as a customer. I couldn't get this sorted as a normal customer and had to use my contact to get it sorted.

So my point as worst customer care still stands.

jor el wrote: »

When you said "I said I didnt really want to go down this road and told him who I was.", surely he already knew who you were, since he was dealing with your account?

Ya they see a name and address but they dont know who you are. Basically he kept saying I was wrong and that I made a mistake. So I told him my line of work and what I do and than he immediatly apologised and said ok and started agreeing with me and asked me if he could escalate my problem. Got no joy that way and had to ring to my contact at the top.

Advertisement