Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wacken 09

• 28-01-2009 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

anyone lovely wanna hook me up with a ticket ? pm!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Is it sold out already!?

Wow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Is it sold out already!?

Two Reasons

1. Machine Head Headliners
    2. 10th Anniversary

Im sure people will tell me I have that in the wrong order, but thats my order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'd add a third reason in there: The fact that the quality of the Download festival has seriously dropped over the last couple of years with bands like My Chemical Romance, Lost Prophets and Linkin Park being given the headline slots. I don't hate those aforementioned bands but they certainly didn't deserve headlining slots over the likes of Machine Head or Marilyn Manson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 plug-in-baby

sold out just after xmas.i hadnt expected it to. id prob swap those around too :P
    totally wouldnt bother with download anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Two Reasons

1. Machine Head Headliners
    2. 10th Anniversary

Im sure people will tell me I have that in the wrong order, but thats my order

I'm pretty sure Wacken's been around longer than 1999. :p I thought it was the 20th anniversary? Anyway, I got a ticket from a friend as a Christmas pressie and I'm going with her, so it's gonna be good! Few good bands I like announced for the lineup. Epica, HammerFall, Turisas, should be great! DragonForce were announced too, I'll go see them for the lulz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Thought the lineup is pretty poor so far in comparison to the last few years. Being the 20 year anneversary though that will probrably change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Patricide wrote: »
    Thought the lineup is pretty poor so far in comparison to the last few years. Being the 20 year anneversary though that will probrably change.

I should probably stop looking at Wikipedia to check the newest announcements, people keep changing it by putting bands that aren't confirmed in and bands that NEVER will be confirmed. I looked the other day and it said Stratovarius was confirmed, was so excited. x-x Now I look today and that's gone and it has Kill Hannah instead? Christ.

Rumors Meh-tallica will be playing since it's the anniversary?

Advertisement