Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viva La RevoLukation!!

Options
  • 28-01-2009 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

The little fella was awesome tonight!

Lovely one/two touch passes and triangles all over the pitch..... lovely confident stufff to watch!

If we can turn Bolton over the weekend there should be no looking back!

A good solid performance all round, about [EMAIL="f@ckin"]f@ckin[/EMAIL] time!!

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Didn't see it. Followed it on Channel 405. But from what I heard, he (the little fella) was good. Are we on the way back? 13th and climbing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

A masterclass from the little Croatian...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rotten

Modric was magic. But Let's see them string two strong games together. You saw some potential tonight. The ball movement was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Let's calm down and qualify the fact that he played a stormer with the fact that the opposition didn't turn up. Stoke were dreadful and their midfield was non-existant. We usually flatter to decieve when we play teams who give us time on the ball.

I'l be singin Luka's praises if he plays like that against Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, Villa or in an away game to ANYONE!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Credit where it's due, from the radio commentary then the jerky stream I saw of the 1st half, Modric ran the show. Lots of nice interplay between himself and the front two, great cross for Dawson's goal and also involved in the 2nd which was a fantastic team move finished off by Defoe.

Second half he was guilty of some wayward passing, most of which were short balls that should be easier to distribute. You will get punished by a half decent side in this league for that, Dawson's error for their goal showed just how vulnerable we are to lapses in concentration.

That said, Modric wasn't on his own in that for the 2nd half...Dawson, Defoe and Pavlyuchenko were all guilty of it as well. We need to get that out of our game pronto. Still, the little Croat deserves plaudits for what he did right, and hopefully with Palacios beside him in a 4-4-2 in the coming months he'll get more opportunities to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

it was one of the best games ive seen from him., he always wanted the ball and was really sharp. nice passes and great vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Cant believe i missed it...was raging! Any place i can see some decent highlights! Would like to see some of our attacks!!! Nothin like watchin great football by a great team :D
    Come on you Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

I dont know lads. I'd like to share your optimisim but i just think "Viva La RevoLukation!!" is a but of a knee-jerk reaction after a player who we bought for 16million puts a few nice moves together at home against a team who will be playing in the Championship next season.

He was awful against West Brom, ineffective against Porstmouth, useless against Burnley away.

Advertisement