Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookshops

Options
  • 28-01-2009 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what bookshops are in Sligo now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

CSC wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what bookshops are in Sligo now?

keohanes,castle st. lieber(sic)books, easons, on o'connell st..booknest on rockwood parade....there is a secondhand bookshop on the mall also,
    i probably missed some but its late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Cheers, I could only think of Easons when asked earlier. There is also Keaneys and the one beside the Irish House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

dardevle wrote: »
    keohanes,castle st. lieber(sic)books, easons, on o'connell st..booknest on rockwood parade....there is a secondhand bookshop on the mall also,
    i probably missed some but its late!

Where's The Mall? I don't think I've ever been there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Up where the hospital is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

There's also the new bookshop in The Quayside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭The.Q

magnumlady wrote: »
    There's also the new bookshop in The Quayside.
    What new bookshop's that? I've not been in the Q-side for a few weeks, but never noticed that. Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

don't forget the charity/secondhand ones where theres some great deals to be had if you're in the right place at the right time
    theres oxfam(new) next to tir na nog (health food shop)
    enable ireland in the wine street car park
    sligo social services (cramped but cosy)on harmony hill
    and the name of the one on the mall is the bookmart ,friendly staff and great selection of good value books
    theres also the aikido secondhand shop at the quay street car park has some books etc.
    thats all I can remember right now
    and you can check this out ,its for sharing what your reading online with others
    a social networks for readers in other words
    http://www.goodreads.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

and booknest at the river.

The.Q wrote: »
    What new bookshop's that? I've not been in the Q-side for a few weeks, but never noticed that. Is it any good?

Its called Bargain Books, they are down near the hairdressers. Not the biggest selection of books, but most of them are 3.99 which is pretty good. They also have some art things as well.

If you are in Ballymote there is Bookmart above Cryans. Its a second hand book shop.
    Its great because you can bring any books into them and they will give you credit to buy other ones.
    They are really nice people as well.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

magnumlady wrote: »
    If you are in Ballymote there is Bookmart above Cryans. Its a second hand book shop.
    Its great because you can bring any books into them and they will give you credit to buy other ones.
    They are really nice people as well.
    Are they the same people then? I adore the one on the mall, its a great little find. They have good selection of childrens books as well in very good nick. :)

tuppence wrote: »
    Are they the same people then? I adore the one on the mall, its a great little find. They have good selection of childrens books as well in very good nick. :)

I don't know if they are the same people as the one on The Mall. They are from America and live in Kesh, so I'm guessing its different people.

Advertisement