Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband only €24 incl line rental

Options
  • 28-01-2009 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

This seems like great value - has anyone any experience with them?

http://www.upc.ie/internet/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Check the Broadband forum here for reviews and customer experiences !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

they aint bad. they don't over charge randomly like BT
    the broadband is generally the speed you expect.

i have 20Mbit now and been with them 2 years and they are great for me. they do throttle torrents though but you can use rapidshare with speed downloaders and get full speed.

i downloaded 160gb last month and thats fine with this package

i downloaded the same when it was capped at 40gb and they were a bit annoyed but didnt charge me for it, which was good. i have been with about 5 broadband providers and i aint gonna move soon unless they mess up for me.

when it rains the tv/broadband service can go bad so i am wondering how good the phone is if anyone has experience.

dont want to recommend to parents as i will get to much grief if it f's up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

My sis got this. Its thru the telly broadband. They supplied a wireless box. Tried it out and its fine. My 12 month sentence is up with Irish Broadband is up and might get this.
    Theres no line rental because its not over the eircom network. My other choice is eircom as they have free installation. Never had a phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I presume this is only available in cabled areas ?
    If so surely Line rental is a misnomer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

rom wrote: »
    when it rains the tv/broadband service can go bad so i am wondering how good the phone is if anyone has experience.

Same thing happens with my IBB breeze. Only since I got the 3MB though. I had the 2MB before and it was fine. Pissed cause the customer service is poo/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

when it rains the tv/broadband service can go bad

So pretty much all the time its bad then, cuz it rains a fair bit here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

In a 12monther with eircom. Is it worth my wile breakin the contract to sign up to this. Payin 49.99 for line rental and 2mb conection and some call discounts wi eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

heymcflyx wrote: »
    My sis got this. Its thru the telly broadband. They supplied a wireless box. Tried it out and its fine. My 12 month sentence is up with Irish Broadband is up and might get this.
    Theres no line rental because its not over the eircom network. My other choice is eircom as they have free installation. Never had a phone line.

YOu can get a phone with NTL as well with no line rental. It goes over the T.V> network too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It is a very good deal imo. I'm getting the 10mb in the next week or so. Anyone know how long they take to install this? Not having broadband in the new place is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I got NTL broadband installed last Saturday. Here's how the installation went.

Rang and ordered it. Arranged date for a Saturday.
    Guy calls me on Tuesday to say I'm down for installation on Friday.
    I said it was supposed to be Saturday but okay (gf doesn't work Friday)
    Got a call on Thursday;
    "we're outside your house"
    "Why are you outside my house, it's supposed to be Friday"
    "Oh, sorry. Don't worry, it's just a double-docket. Happens all the time"
    Friday comes - they never show up.
    Get a call on Monday to ask how the installation went.
    Tell girl all the above.
    She says sorry, books me for the following Saturday.
    Gets installed on the Saturday.

Good Luck!

(don't make me go into trying to get them to move the cable that was trailing across the floor for 8 months. I just got Sky instead!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭20goto10

they do throttle torrents though but you can use rapidshare with speed downloaders and get full speed.
    Surely that is an urban myth? They may be blocking what, a few years ago, used to be considered the standard ports, but nowadays you simply use a port that isn't blocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

I've never had a problem with there broadband in any kind of weather conditions. All there cables are underground here.

My sister got the phone/broadband package about a month ago for 30 euros a month (6 charge for cable rental if you don't take there tv package) and thinks it's great. She wouldn't be a big downloader at all so this package was perfect for her.

Advertisement