Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Force 9 storm tosses huge luxury cruiser with 50 foot waves.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Whinging Poms Take January Cruise and Then Hit Sneaky Froggy Storm ...:eek: Shock Mega Horror :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Whinging Poms Take January Cruise and Then Hit Sneaky Froggy Storm ...:eek: Shock Mega Horror :eek:
    Because it was cheap.

Looks like it was a tabloid special cruise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there are plans to bring in a Cork - Spain ferry route next year. Bay of Biscay is notorious for these storms... not sure I'd fancy the trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

loyatemu wrote: »
    there are plans to bring in a Cork - Spain ferry route next year. Bay of Biscay is notorious for these storms... not sure I'd fancy the trip.
    I couldn't see it paying for itself, Stena is almost broke on cross channel crossings. I guess that was decided before the economic crunch, now obviously knocked on the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

it was in the Irish Times on Saturday with a quote from the boss of Cork Port. Swansea-Cork is returning this summer and they hope to have Cork-Gijon for next summer.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/travel/2009/0124/1232474677101.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

It beats be why the captain had his ship was out in such conditions knowing the forecast.

Probably because the ship is well capable of dealing with that kind of weather.

That looks like more fun than any amusements I've ever been to:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Probably because the ship is well capable of dealing with that kind of weather.

That looks like more fun than any amusements I've ever been to:pac:

Tell that to someone staying in a lower cabin looking out the porthole...sky...fish...sky....fish......sky......fish......toilet :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bazzer06

anyone else think it was strange that in that article they picked out ballybunnion as affected by the loss of the swansea-cork route??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

1400 passengers and 500 crew onboard heading for the Canary Islands on a £795 seven-day cruise.
    £1,113,000 and I'm sure some people paid more

from the pics looks like the hull length and wave length were similar :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Celticfire wrote: »
    Tell that to someone staying in a lower cabin looking out the porthole...sky...fish...sky....fish......sky......fish......toilet :eek:

/stands on top deck beer in hand in surfing style pose

• Advertisement
Advertisement