Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Bill

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I noticed that too, my more recent bill was over €100 more expensive. I checked the Meter though in my reading is a little over the estimate. Given the few days that would have passed since the bill was generated and i opened it then they seem to have nailed my estimate. Christmas time is the darkest and coldest time of the year so more electricity. Christmas lights are on too.

Of course, just because my Meter reading matched up, does not mean that they could not have charged me more at the higher rate than the lower rate as there is no way for me to prove otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Got my bill today. Yes it's gone up but not by the figures people are quoting here. It's €240 for a 4 bedroom house, 4 adults living there with electric shower, tumble dryer (never seems to be off), immersion heater, all the usual stuff. The reading was estimated and is maybe 150 units too high but not bad. I still think the bills being quoted by others here must have a huge increase in Units uded in addition to the price increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Got my bill today. Yes it's gone up but not by the figures people are quoting here. It's €240 for a 4 bedroom house, 4 adults living there with electric shower, tumble dryer (never seems to be off), immersion heater, all the usual stuff. The reading was estimated and is maybe 150 units too high but not bad. I still think the bills being quoted by others here must have a huge increase in Units uded in addition to the price increase.

Do you get staff discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

€240 is less than i was charged and thats a two bedroom with only myself and my wife there. In fact she has been in the Philipines for the last month so just me. I have not used much power, i unplug or swtich off everything except by sky+ box when im not using it, i have all CFL bulbs and again, switch them off when not in that room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Saruman wrote: »
    €240 is less than i was charged and thats a two bedroom with only myself and my wife there. In fact she has been in the Philipines for the last month so just me. I have not used much power, i unplug or swtich off everything except by sky+ box when im not using it, i have all CFL bulbs and again, switch them off when not in that room.

ejmaztec: The answer is No.

Saruman: Ever take a reading of your meter last thing at night and again first thing in the morning to see what's in constant use or of indeed there is a problem?
    I've checked with some neighbours (live rural so took a while to contact 5 of them) and the average bill is €285 with the lowest being €210 and the highest €328. All are family homes with the usual appliances. An estate in the town is running a project with SEI to reduce fuel costs and many homes are getting bills for less than €200. Shows it can be done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement