Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Run

Options
  • 28-01-2009 4:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

Alright folks
    May have to make run abroad to get a 1 year work holiday in a couple of weeks, currently on a 457.
    Anyone have any experience of this, I am thinking Christchurch, cheapish flight, stuff to do over there etc.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

What do you mean 'run abroad to get a 1 year work holiday'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

What do you mean 'run abroad to get a 1 year work holiday'?

You've gotta be out of the country when you apply for your WHV.
    General plan is:
    - Leave Oz
    - Apply for WHV
    - Wait for WHV to come through
    - Return Oz when it does.

OP, it's really up to yourself! Fiji is somewhere I always wanted to go to, but that may not appeal to you or could be too far away or too expensive.

Christchurch is a good shout though. Plenty to do there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

I've never been to CChurch, but have heard great things. I don't think it's too expensive there either. Fiji would be cool, but if the visa gets delayed or it takes longer than expected I'd say you'd get bored in Fiji. Plenty of things to do in and around CChurch too.

Advertisement