Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ILPC 2009 - Irish Ladies Poker Championships 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

You can also buy paysafecard online
    http://www.paysafecard.com/ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ElectraBlue

JeFoy had problems finding ukash too, when we did find a shop they claimed the machine was out of order/out of paper(!) :rolleyes: So I let her give me the money and I lodged it in for her via my moneybookers. :rolleyes: Just hope Titan doesn't accuse us of collusion if we end up playing (and cashing) in the same tournaments online... :p

Ah jeeze Stephen just let them pay in on the day! Make them pay 88 then they have to open a titan account and get their 'change' credited to their online account... and everyone's happy: Players, you, Titan! ;)

Now... what's the new starting stack?! Can I be bold to ask for 15k and 30 min blinds??!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

Print this http://www.paysafecard.com/fileadmin/psc/content/shared/pinprint/ie_pinprint.pdf and take it with you to the paypoint shop. Many shop keepers don't know how to work the machine and don't even know they have the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

Ukash Ireland link:

http://www.ukash.com/ie-en/ukash/how-ukash-works/how-to-get-ukash.html

Here's the 'how to' for ukash shop keepers:

http://www.ukash.com/dynamic/documents/uploads/ukash-coupon-all-networks-ie-03.pdf

Again, most don't even know they have the ability to do this for us, so print that out and take it with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Lady Di

Sorry haven't really been following this, enquiring for someone else. Can you not register on the day?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭trishakids

I tried a shed load of shops that were on the ukash and paysafecard site some told me they had never heard of either, im hoping a trip to Alex's in Dun Laoire will fix it or im f:confused:ked!

JeFoy had problems finding ukash too, when we did find a shop they claimed the machine was out of order/out of paper(!) :rolleyes: So I let her give me the money and I lodged it in for her via my moneybookers. :rolleyes: Just hope Titan doesn't accuse us of collusion if we end up playing (and cashing) in the same tournaments online... :p

Ah jeeze Stephen just let them pay in on the day! Make them pay 88 then they have to open a titan account and get their 'change' credited to their online account... and everyone's happy: Players, you, Titan! ;)

Now... what's the new starting stack?! Can I be bold to ask for 15k and 30 min blinds??!! :P

Eek! How about a cr@pshoot so we can be finished for the Fitz charity game?? 10 min clock and 3k?? :p

Lady Di wrote: »
    Sorry haven't really been following this, enquiring for someone else. Can you not register on the day?? :confused:

No, you need to download Titan poker if you haven't already, and if you're signing up for the first time, use bonus code LADIES09. You can use most types of payment to deposit, i'm just slow and don't have credit/debit cards:rolleyes:

trishakids wrote: »
    Eek! How about a cr@pshoot so we can be finished for the Fitz charity game?? 10 min clock and 3k?? :p

If you are that worried just go 'AAAAAALLLLLLL IIIIIINNNN' and I'll call ya with any two... :pac:

Dunno about the Fitz game, I might have a hot date lined up by then... :cool:

Lady Di wrote: »

I really hope there aren't 300 odd ladies thinking the same thing :).....Its the same as the IPO Di, online registration, prior to showing up on the day.....We can't cover dealers, venue, promo etc (through a €6 tournament registration fee) without getting an extra few bob off either a website or the players themselves.

Every player must use the link on www.pokerireland.ie in order to take part in this tournament, and as Trisha said there you should use the bonus code "LADIES09" when signing up.

Stephen.

• Advertisement

Thats fair enough Stephen, thanks, I'll let them know!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

I am praying this bug clears up so I can travel down tomorrow. been throwing up since last night :(

I am praying this bug clears up so I can travel down tomorrow. been throwing up since last night :(

Oh no... here's hoping it's just a 24 hour thing! :eek:

Get well soon!

Oh no... here's hoping it's just a 24 hour thing! :eek:

Get well soon!

Hope so too! Should have known I was next after Lewis being sick last weekend :rolleyes:
    I have the hotel booked for the weekend as well, so fingers crossed!

Hope so too! Should have known I was next after Lewis being sick last weekend :rolleyes:
    I have the hotel booked for the weekend as well, so fingers crossed!

Ah, the joys of motherhood! :D

Get yourself to bed and make yourself well missus!!!! ;)

Ah, the joys of motherhood! :D

Get yourself to bed and make yourself well missus!!!! ;)

Woke up feeling good today, so I will defo be coming down :)
    See you tomorrow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

good luck to everyone playing tomorrow,
    I won't be playing as im playing in the Charity Tournament in the Fitzwilliam card club that evening......

Lets hope a boardsie takes it down

Thanks Smurph! Good luck to you too in the Touch Charity Tournament - might pop in later to see how you doing and give you the brief on the event at the Crowne Plaza... with some winnings to show for it!!!! :D

Delighted to hear you are better Gilly! Looking forward to meeting you too!

Trishakids finally got the Ukash voucher (her PC has died on her so she's using my laptop) as did one of the IDP ladies but neither could reg for the tournament even though they used the LADIES09 code too - they kept getting 'error' messages :confused: Their money is already in the accounts but they can't reg - here's hoping Stephen will let them play.... :mad:

Titan really has a lot to answer for!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I just reg'd the GF there. Take it easy on her, she's only learnin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Could not manage to get a ukash voucher in any of the shops i tried:(:(

Ah well!!!!

I hope whoever goes has a great time:-)

• Advertisement

Hi guys just registered for my friend there, using her details on titan poker. There's only 22 registered :( Just wondering it says it starts on the web site at 20.05 tomor eve but it starts at 12 tomor doesn't it?

Yes Di - it's definitely 12 noon kick off and Carfax is usually sharp about start time whether the players are in their seats or not.

22 registered online plus I say he's got another 20-30 unable to register... :rolleyes:

Good luck to all the ladies... and the one brave man coming along in a dress! So I believe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Play started about 12.10 for this so pretty much on time. Looked like about 40 runners and a 15k starting stack so hopefully there's a bit of play.

Plenty of blokes hanging around itching to play lol....ladies turn this time!!

GL to Gill (who got a royal flush along the way :pac:) and all the other boardsies playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Oh and €6 per day for parking in the hotel is just lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Oh and €6 per day for parking in the hotel is just lol

I got mine validated on the way out today. Just say at the concierge deak that your with the poker function and they will validate the ticket free of charge.
    Maybe its different if you actually park all day:confused:

I'm gone :( got up to 25k and lost 20k in a huge pot with AQs against all-in on JJ and uber loose maniac w 66, flop comes Q high... Maniac hits her 6 for trips on turn. When I quiz why she called my shove on flop... 'dunno I like to gamble' LOL!

Was playing short stacked game for ages shoving my way up to 14k then ran my AK into AA... Had 600 so was technically gone. Enuff said! Out in 17th place...

Gillcarr is still in, on 35k approx on the 'better' table. Other table is full of maniacs raising re-raising like mad, was expecting to see Aces and Kings but noooooo the monsters here are 67 suited and J9 off! :eek: Oh and JJ RULES supreme over AA and KK!!!

Just out in bar watching the Grand Slam! C'mon IRELAND!!! :D

I really enjoyed the day and went out in about 14th or something. They dropped like flies after the break and not too sure what position I was when I went out. As Tony said I picked up a royal flush when I was in the BB with KJh, the flop comes down AQ10 and the biggest fish at the table couldnt let her top pair or goodness knows what go!!!

I was on over 40k when I ran I had A6h AIPF and was called with KJo and I hit my A and she hits two pair and that was me gone, she was the only one at the table who had me covered :rolleyes:

It was great to meet the other boardies.. Julianne, susie, Carfax and Slashed etc and wasnt too disappointed with my play.

See you next year girls :D

Now.. where is that bar :pac::pac:

I got mine validated on the way out today. Just say at the concierge deak that your with the poker function and they will validate the ticket free of charge.
    Maybe its different if you actually park all day:confused:

I got mine free for the weekend in the end :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Updates? How many runners did this get.

Carfax can you email tournament report to nicky@pokernewsheadlines.com?

Thanks.

N.

• Advertisement

NickyOD wrote: »
    Updates? How many runners did this get.

Carfax can you email tournament report to nicky@pokernewsheadlines.com?

Thanks.

N.

Hi Nicky,

39 Players took part;
    US$3,120 Total Prize-pool.

1st; Roisin O'Hare $1,050

2nd; DUILLEOG (Titan username - prefers not to have real name publicised) $800

3rd; Sharon Gaughran; $550

4th; Rebecca Mc Adam; $320

5th; Patricia Mc Lean; $250

6th; Grainne Mc Neill; $150

We're hoping to build on the tournament for next year with maybe a bit more of a realistic expectation (should get 100 players I think) but a big thanks to all the ladies that helped us to establish this tournament....I think everyone really enjoyed the day, and there was a great atmosphere.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

Advertisement