Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ILPC 2009 - Irish Ladies Poker Championships 2009

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

i really thought Patti Mc Lean would take this down, after all, she is probably the best player in the room

she musta been very unlucky to avoid winning it

but hey, thats poker 4 u

Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ElectraBlue

Patti was short stacked from two tables out, she played damn well to get as far as she did... One of the HU girls (not sure if 1st or 2nd - did they not agree on a deal to split 50-50?!) was the 66-maniac that gutted me into shortstack-mode and she played a 'Hand of God' game to the end busting players left right and centre! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

Patti was short stacked from two tables out, she played damn well to get as far as she did... One of the HU girls (not sure if 1st or 2nd - did they not agree on a deal to split 50-50?!) was the 66-maniac that gutted me into shortstack-mode and she played a 'Hand of God' game to the end busting players left right and centre! :rolleyes:

What about the girl that busted me, did she cash? the dark haired girl?

What about the girl that busted me, did she cash? the dark haired girl?

Yes, that was Sharon, she came 3rd. She's actually a well respected player on the Dublin scene.

Yes, that was Sharon, she came 3rd. She's actually a well respected player on the Dublin scene.

I thought she would cash but didnt know her name lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I've never bumped into her in 4-5 years playing live around the Irish scene :confused:

Her call with KJo was horrible, especially as it was against the only player at the table that could do her damage...Playing 90k pots AIPF with KJo when you are never ahead is really bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭trishakids

Ugh, women poker players lol... I thought it was a good turnout, nice setup but the standard was pretty bad imo. One girl bet 6k into a 75 pot, but she did say it was a "mistake"! Not many interesting hands to report, did manage to get 5 ladies off of a pot with AK on a 468 board, one folded jacks and one folded tens. Looking forward to next year. Well done to Stephen and the lads.

Flushdraw wrote: »
    I've never bumped into her in 4-5 years playing live around the Irish scene :confused:

Her call with KJo was horrible, especially as it was against the only player at the table that could do her damage...Playing 90k pots AIPF with KJo when you are never ahead is really bad.

I agree, was kinda shocked she did that as she usually much nitter than this :confused: As Trisha said, that's women pokah players for you!:rolleyes:

I've been dealing 1.5 years now, I have seen her around a few times... but I've never met YOU before last weekend!!! :P :P :P

I agree, was kinda shocked she did that as she usually much nitter than this :confused: As Trisha said, that's women pokah players for you!:rolleyes:

I've been dealing 1.5 years now, I have seen her around a few times... but I've never met YOU before last weekend!!! :P :P :P

Hmmmm you've dealt at my table a few times. I think on 2 occasions in Waterford and maybe Drogheda once but not sure!

She changed her play from the way she started because of the standard at our table, she started open limping loads and then being agressive post flop as the girls didnt want to take her on. But she knew how I was playing and she must have known she wasnt ahead when she made that call. But thats pokah for you!

Stephen, you should have another ladies tourney within the year as I think it was good for the ladies, I enjoyed it (except for the dire standard of some) and enjoyed meeting the other female players.

• Advertisement

I agree, was kinda shocked she did that as she usually much nitter than this :confused:

Maybe she took a day off....

knitter.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hackandproud

I don't really post much, more of a lurker :D

But I have to say it was lovely to meet you ladies, and as much as, like you guys say, there was some "not-so-great" play, there were also some really terrific players, which was a fantastic surprise. Turned out to be a great game, and I look forward to the next one, where I can improve on 4th :p

Advertisement