Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Advice

Options
  • 28-01-2009 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if someone could tell me where I can get some good mortgage advice in the the dublin city area, where should I call in to? I am not really ready to buy a house at the moment but I would like to find out if myself and my partner are eligble for a mortgage, how much deposits the bank are looking for these days, where the best rates are etc.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭K_P

There's no harm in making an appointment with any of the banks, building societies or mortgage brokers. That's what my husband and I did when we started thinking of buying a place. We ended up not going with the bank we initially spoke to but they gave us a very good idea of how the process works which was great as we were fairly clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I'd second what KP said, just with the proviso that you go to a few banks/building societies as they vary in what they will lend at the moment.

If you just want the basics, they all have booklets they can give you explaining the process. If you want to know how much you can borrow, you can either get a 'ball park' figure, or the booklet will explain exactly what documents (salary slips, evidence of savings etc) you need to bring in to get an exact figure.

Advertisement