Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro brewers Wicklow?

Options
  • 28-01-2009 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is any small brewers in Wicklow or micro brew pubs?

No more questions i hear you say!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

Not sure of Wicklow. Porter House in Bray gets its beer from Dublin. Saw Carlow Brewery on BBC last night. http://www.carlowbrewing.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Not sure of Wicklow. Porter House in Bray gets its beer from Dublin. Saw Carlow Brewery on BBC last night. http://www.carlowbrewing.com

Yea thats what got me thinking. Only thing i miss from England is Real Ale. God, isnt that James May slapable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I feel your pain Ciaran. I lived over an ale house in Sheffield about 14 years ago...

Porterhouse Red isn't a bad substitute and there are a few places around that stock Abbot in bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

I feel your pain Ciaran. I lived over an ale house in Sheffield about 14 years ago...

Porterhouse Red isn't a bad substitute and there are a few places around that stock Abbot in bottles.

Saw a few down Superquinn but i do prefer the draught. Double Dragon or Tanglefoot were favs.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Saw a few down Superquinn but i do prefer the draught. Double Dragon or Tanglefoot were favs.

I have to recommend King's off licence in Edengate if you're looking for hard to find beers. Talk to the staff, they'll help you find anything that's not on their shelves.
    Terry

No I don't work for them or any of their affiliates

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dmtcon

macreddin in aughrim brew there own beer the pub is called actons, i have to strongly recommend there stout it is brill !!!! . the ale is nice but not my favourite tipple. try it some day you might be suprised !!!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

Off-license in Ranelagh has all sorts of unusual beers, I got ales there before. Names that you mention don't ring a bell though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dmtcon

the place i am talking about is called the brooklodge hotel. in that hotel is a pub called actons, that is where you will find the micro brewery

Advertisement