Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNS issues in Ireland

Options
  • 28-01-2009 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone aware of any DNS issues for any of the IPSs in Ireland right now? I had the problem from home last night (eircom) and again today in the office (Ice) - certain sites will not load, or only load partially - I have had friends in the UK and Germany test for me and the problem is not present over there. Seems there are some DNS issues across this wonderful Island at the moment?

I have had to remove some content from our company website today, as it is loaded from sites like www.thawte.com

Anyone know anything about this? Or even where to check if there are known DNS issues right now?

Cheers
    -jayo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Hey,

I noticed this the last few days myself at home.
    No pages would load and i couldnt connect to any game servers.

Im also on eircom, i ran the diagnostics on the eircom router and all pass expect the IP saying it cannot connect to home.eircom.net

About an hour later the issue seemed to be gone but then later that night it all messed up again.

Its been happening me on and off for the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

They are acting the shiite with the connection/routing and DNS for the last couple of weeks. Either something is being resolved, or thats the way she goes from now on.

****ing way she goes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

Has anyone notice that people from outside ireland cant resolve domain names in IE ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Yes, we have some UK customers who cannot access our .ie site - but yet, other customers abroad have no problems... does not make sense to me ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I've had the exact same issues at home for the past 2 weeks.
    Sometimes resetting the router fixed it but not always.
    I hope this is not going to become the norm.

There are a number of similar posts in the "Ring Eircom Thread" also on the front page. I wonder if anyone has got an official word ?.

• Advertisement
Advertisement