Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with wireless broadband

Options
  • 28-01-2009 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Having problems with my wireless BT broadband.The wireless connection at night seems to be very erratic.A lot of the time I cannot connect at all at times or the connection cuts out.All the lights on the ASDL appear green.I do not seem to be able to connect in a different room.I have tried all the usual troubleshooting ak switching the router off and restarting,switching portable phones,microwaves etc off.I have tried managing the connection and says the signal is excellent but limited access in terms of connectivity.It appears that the connection is disabled but after enabling it(takes foe ever),I have to redo when I use my laptop again!I do not think there is any problem with the router,although I am not sure.Is there anything I can do to enhance the signal and it's range.I dread the thought that I will have to cable my wireless connection.I self installed the connection.I used the quick start guide as opposed to a disc as the disc was faulty and would not open.Is there any chance there is problem with my settings?Hope somebody out there can help me.Are there others who are experiencing difficulties with their wireless BT connection around Castlebar?Is it more difficult to get a signal at night?
    Ta,
    Selig:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Log in2 it and change the channel to see if it makes any difference. Most wireless modems are shipped on the same channel, having loads of modems together in a built up area will create noise

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement