Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need to get a new license with my current address.

• 28-01-2009 10:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

Stopped by a over zealous friendly Garda last night and besides the obvious hassle and what nots I need to get a new license with my current address.
    I live in Dublin 1 so is it Queen street I have to go to..think thats were the car tax is normally got, although I tend to get that online now so not 100% sure.
    If in wrong forum apologies.
    Will I need my old license and anything else when I head in here?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I did this recently.
    You actually need to fill out a new license form (like when you pass your test) and give them two photos plus your old license. It's a free service though.
    You can go to any tax office in Dublin, it doesn't have to be your nearest.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

You do not need to keep the address on your license current. Any EU license is valid for the entire term of the license anywhere in the EU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I did this recently.
    You actually need to fill out a new license form (like when you pass your test) and give them two photos plus your old license. It's a free service though.
    You can go to any tax office in Dublin, it doesn't have to be your nearest.

The new office is half way down Queen Street and if on foot, you can access it from Smithfield through a walkway :)

There is also an office in Nutgrove and Clondalkin if you are closer to them at any time.

Advertisement