Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo Warranty Question

• 28-01-2009 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭

Question that somebody may be able to help me with. The starter in my S40 is playing up - takes about 4/5 times before the engine catches

I got the problem fixed about 2 days before my 2 year warranty ran out. The problem has now come back again.

My question is - even though my warranty has expired, am I still covered as the original issue has not been successfully fixed?

Thanks,

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

How long ago was the problem fixed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

Anan1 wrote: »
    How long ago was the problem fixed?

- new starter was fitted on 19th
    - same problem happened on 20th but put it down to the snow/car being cold
    - happening consistently since 24th

I car pool to work so not driving the car everyday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Of this month? If so, you're definitely covered - AFAIK, warranty work is covered for at least a year, maybe it's now two.

Edit: This is on the basis that the car was still under factory warranty, if it was a used car warranty then it may be less.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Usually you would get 3 months from the date of repair, at least.

Advertisement