Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waking up screaming

• 28-01-2009 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Fairly frequently I "wake" in the middle of the night screaming for no apparent reason. My girlfriend beside me gets an awful fright. Sometimes I remember it other times I don't or vaguely do. I was reading about night terrors but not sure if it is that or not. I don't have any nightmares the night it happens. Sometimes as well I wake up thinking I saw a spider coming down from the ceiling or on the curtains. I read somewhere that if you dream of spiders you are worried about money. Generally if I have those spider dreams I have money worries at the time.
    Has anyone got any advice as to how to tackle the "night terrors" if thats what you would call them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kazza81

there's not a lot you can do unless you can remember the dreams you are having to cause you to wake up screaming cos you are dreaming whether you remember or not cos you're not screaming for nothing, I still have night terrors, waking up crying and shouting and terrified, still trying to figure it out, has to be psychological cos the alternative is way too creepy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

I dont know if this will help if your an adult but when i was a child I was given a dream catcher and that stopped my nightmares, Ive never had one since! Hopefully this is of some help to you guys

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jason2501

no fizzy drinks before bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭fionnmar

Hi
    I get this sometimes, used to get it a lot more. Disturbingly, I would sometimes walk out to the hall and scream the house down and then be completely confused when whoever was in the house would come running out to see what was up :rolleyes: Its embarassing as well given that I was living in a shared house at the time. I went for counselling as I figured there must be something wrong with me (I didnt consciously suffer with any mental health stuff). Anyway in my experience counselling was a waste of time. I sleep with a nightlight on now and it seems to happen less often. When it does happen, its usually when I am in a strange environment, like a hotel or in a friends house. Good to know I am not the only one, thanks for posting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭fionnmar

i think it is night terrors though. see this link
    http://www.nightterrors.org/

• Advertisement
Advertisement